Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Protecting the boys" vid

I keep going back and forth on it, wondering if the fight was staged or not. It's so ridiculous...but truth is stranger than fiction, lol.

So at the end where the guy has caught his opponent's foot and is smacking him in the face, and his opponent is more concerned about his nads than copping a bunch of uppercuts to his face ... that doesn't look staged to you at all?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Yes, it does. But many of the earlier scenes look very spontaneous and genuine. If I was to guess, I'd say it's staged, but it was done very well

No doubt about it. It looks very good, and one of the funniest things I have seen in a while.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I'm sure it was just staged fight, for a couple of reasons. Like I said I'm also doing Muay Thai for a couple of years, there aren't many rules in Muay Thai but attacking the groin is one of the things not allowed. Even if we assume this was a match just for the heck of it, note how they try to knee each other in the groin but do not follow up with a kick when they miss. If I was in the ring and miss a knee, I would still expend my leg and finish with a kick - right there. How easy that would be in this case? These guys don't do that, they just put their legs down again.

-X-
    Last edited by X-Warrior; 04-11-2005 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Don't they wear steel cups? Wouldn't it hurt if you kicked a steel cup?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

We wear hard thick plastic cups, no they don't hurt once you train your shins. Like I said, pro Muay Thai fighters actually kick wood and iron poles - full power - to further harden their shins.

-X-