Thread: Movie Review: Kickboxing Academy

Movie Review: Kickboxing Academy

Yesterday I saw a film entitled: "Kickboxing Academy". The premise of said film is that an attractive female tae kwon do instructor faces resentment from a local competitor, a former military man with a love for guns, ammo, and "sucker punch", and the backing of a successful businessman (we learn later why he hates "Master Joon's" school, but I don't want to ruin that for you). The kids at the "Kickboxing Academy" struggle with life's daily issues, relationships, and harassment from the other school. The fight scenes are incredible, showcasing fast hands and feet, pool cues, nunchucks, swords, and even a champagne bottle, Bauer style (Stephen Bauer, that is)...the only thing that may be more impressive than the fight scenes is this film's acting...Bauer heads a talented cast of unknowns, though I am certain that after this film they were all offered major roles in later films...anyway the feud between the two schools is brought to its climax in a final point sparring showdown at the end of the film...the other team bends the rules when their coach pulls out a machine gun and starts firing in the direction of the audience...who will be left standing when the gunsmoke clears? Watch this great film to find out!
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

is this old or new?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Looks like it came out in '97...I had never heard of it but one day I was just flipping through the channels and there it was...in all its glory...I don't know if it is possible to rent it or if Netflix has it...but it comes on movie channels from time to time...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

TTT for this great flick