Thread: KY Grappling

KY Grappling

I was thinking about the effectiveness of KY jelly in self defense (I had some handy because of dry skin). If you were to always keep a good layer of this stuff over your arms and neck, that would render many grappling techniques useless, and you could easily escape harm from a grappler. You may think this is a joke, but think of how dangerous this could be if guys started fighting in the UFC covered in KY. I may have just found the fatal flaw of jiu jitsu. Something tells me that the striking arts may soon begin dominating once again...

1.1 - since you don't always need a good grip to effect a locking technique
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

What an awesome idea.

Never mind just learning some basic grappling skills, just cover yourself in KY jelly and live happily ever after

Maybe if you just stay at home under the sheets with the lights off no one will ever bother you at all?

PS I think Joedoe was being to harsh personaly, ill give you a 7.4 at least it provided comic relief.
    Last edited by jon; 04-11-2005 at 12:38 AM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Should this be on the what's wrong with Red5 thread...? I mean, just ask his mom if you wanna know about KY wrasslin

Actually, I was watching Fedor pound Tsuyoshi's face into a pulp yesterday, and I did notice that Tsuyoshi (who's no slouch in case you don't know) couldn't get a hold on him through the whole fight because of Fedor's copious sweating.

Incidentally, if you use a lot of KY, striking shouldn't hurt so much either, as a lot of the blows that don't connect so well should positively fly off...!

there's a what's wrong with red5 thread?! Awesome!!!! I think I vaguely recall Fu Pow or one of my other fans started it.