Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The next level?

You never climax as a Martial Artist.

speak for yourself bub. I plan on it a couple of times this evening as a matter of fact.

Thanks for the advice. Im not at all worried about my teacher. He will be able to take me a very long way. Its not that I cant clear my mind, just sometimes I cant. I am trying to figure out how to switch over at any point in time.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    speak for yourself bub. I plan on it a couple of times this evening as a matter of fact.
    You driving past Vaseline Alley on the way home again?

whatever gets the job done...and since your wife is having her time of the month....

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    and since your wife is having her time of the month....
    You afraid of a little blood?

your instructor should help you get over your platue. once you hit it, you wont notice your ability improving a lot very quickly like it did in the begining. take on more advance things but in smaller easy to manage ways to acoomplish and you will be on our way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    your instructor should help you get over your platue. once you hit it, you wont notice your ability improving a lot very quickly like it did in the begining. take on more advance things but in smaller easy to manage ways to acoomplish and you will be on our way.
    I think I will try that along with the visualization and self pep talks.

Thanks.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

visualization helps. dont want to do too much self pep talks cause then you'll always be pepping yourself up. i had a problem when my sifu moved his school to a new location and made the training easier for the area. i had to push myself even harder to feel good when i came out of a class. but good luck man. theres this one book on teaching martial arts by a korean TKD teacher. and it can be used for kung fu too, but there is a page or two about the platue's for students. and that's what i said basically to you is new things that are hard but take it in small steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.