Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

so are you getting in more better shape, man?
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

probably not, but it makes me feel good to think so.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

5/25 - thai boxing

tonight, we focused on counterfighting. One thing I noticed among many of the new guys is that they suck with their hook punches. Consequently, tomorrow I am going to keep with the counterfighting stuff - to drill it into them - but I am going to focus on attacks and counters which utilize the hook.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

5/26 - thai boxing

jump rope
    2 rounds, 4min

2 min drill 2 rounds:
    squat thrusts
    crunches
    pushups
    lateral hops
    each are performed 30 secs. Rest for one min, then repeat.

shadowboxing - 2 rounds

tonight we continued counter fighting with a focus on the hook. I had them working angles and moving, so we are not in the habit of always standing in the same spot. we then paired up and did focus mitt drills, focusing on the same things.

Next, I put on focus mitts and a belly protector and went one on one with each student for a round of padwork.

We finished the night with ab work.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/28 - thai boxing

trained with coach for about two hours. We did pad drills... lot's of pad drills, bagwork, neck wrestling and some sparring. We also did some plyo work.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/30 - thai boxing

Tonight in class, I didn't do much, other than the normal calesthenics. We ran the students through a circuit, and I was the padholder, so I fed focus mitts all night.

After class I put in three rounds on the bag and sparred a few rounds with the capoeira instructor.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/31 - gym

bench press
    135 x 12 - 2 sets
    275 x 4 - 2 sets
    245 x 5 - 3 sets

cleans
    145 x 7 - 4 sets

squats
    225 x 12 - 1 set
    365 x 5 - 5 sets

short but decent workout today. I've gotta get my weight training schedule back on track though.... asap.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/1 - thai boxing

I spent tonight working with a group of newbs. It was interesting though, as one of them had 3 years of WC experience under his belt. I had to constantly remind him not to use a vertical fist, but other than that, he caught on pretty quick. He has a lot of power, but he's slow. that will change in time though. I had the guys doing basic footowrk drills the whole night, every so often adding punches into the stepping.

After class, I put in five rounds on the heavy bag and spend several shadowboxing.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/2 - interval running

Hit the treadmill today and put in two miles of interval running on the treadmill.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/2 - thai boxing

conditioning night. nine stations, two minute rounds. loud music, lotsa sweat.

stations:

shadowboxing
    squats/non-stop speed punches
    skip knees / slap knees - 15 sec interval
    speed bag
    crunches
    kicks
    punches
    jabs and movement
    squat thrusts

We finished the night off with 5-10-5's and padwork.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

What is wrong with using a vertical fist, or is it a question of fully committing to learning a different style before trying to mix things up?

There's nothing inherently wrong with it, other than the turning of the fist causes cuts - a vertical fist doesn't have that. I don't consider that too important though. It's like you said - he's learning thai now. He can switch it up later if he prefers the vertical fist, but for right now, I want him to at least learn it this way, so he has some basis for comparison.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/3 - capoeira??!

I let my kid start training capoeira on wed, and he asked me to go with him to the next class, so I went. It was awesome. I spar with the teacher on a regular basis anyway, so he was all in favor of me working out with them whenever I wanted. Their training is similar to ours in that they did a lot of drilling. We were always moving, so it was pretty intense. I know I did at least 200 cartwheels, 200 pushups and 400 crunches. I am not sure how many total mins I had to jenga - like I said, we were always moving... literally. We finished with some partner drilling and then a roda. It was great. I don't have any classes on fridays, so I may go on a regular basis, if for no other reason than the workout.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/4 - thai boxing

trained one on one with coach today. We did some plyometric circuit training, speed bag and heavy bag work, normal calesthenics and some padwork. Didn't focus on anything in particular today, just trained.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/6 - completely p!ssed

I'm at work late today, and this means I have to make a decision... I can go to the gym and be at class late, or I can skip the gym and be in class on time. My gym time has been very limited lately due to my work schedule, so I'm leaning toward the gym.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter