Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

yeah, I do when I shadow and hit the bag. But when I spar, I'm focused merely on slipping, which is where I'm screwing myself. I'm gonna fix it by sparring. making a conscious effort to move and still attack in combos.

slip rope... are you referring to a slip bag, or are you referring to a length of rope that you bob and weave under?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

slip rope, a length of rope with a knot and a tenis ball on the end that I can toss or hit and bob and weave or slip and throw combos and even practice footwork. Sometimes stick work too.

I also have a longer rope that I dont use so much that you can string across the room and bob and weave and throw combos, put the rope at an angle so it gets lower or higher as you go. Dont use that much tho, too much setup.

Third is the "punching bag" - a canvas bag thats maybe 20lbs, I have hung it high so you can still hit it well but you can asl slip and bob and weave with your head and torso and really get in there tight.

Forth is the speed bag.

Fifth is a double-ended bag that I dont have.
    strike!

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    slip rope, a length of rope with a knot and a tenis ball on the end that I can toss or hit and bob and weave or slip and throw combos and even practice footwork. Sometimes stick work too.
    yeah, that's the slip bag I was referring too. Cool.

Fifth is a double-ended bag that I dont have.
    Someone took our double end bag down - I need to put it back up.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

10/23/06 - gym

took it light at the gym, as my arm has been bothering me the past couple of days.

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    185 x 1 x 10
    195 x 1 x 10
    225 x 2 x 8
    195 x 1 x 8
    185 x 1 x 8

dips
    2 sets of 8

I got yet another new toy... a 4lb jump rope! that monster wore me out.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I have an old tape by Rick Young that is all about slipping and bobbing vs heavy bag. Its neat, when I first watched it years ago, it changed my entire standup.
    strike!

10/26/06 - gym

jump rope

10 rounds - 1 min each. I was only doing one minue because I was jumping with my 4lb rope.

shadowboxing - 2 rounds

elliptical machine - 15 mins

While I was shadowboxing, one of the newer trainers came in. she watched me for a min, then tried to jump with the rope and couldn't, so she asked me to do it. I started jumping, and she says "why aren't you teaching a class here?" So I told her about how I was supposed to have a class their earlier this year, but they wanted me to teach a tae bo type class, which I don't do. She told me that she wants a real class and said she'll do what it takes to put one on the schedule beginning in january. I have to demo a class for her sometime in december.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

What are you going to teach?
    strike!

she wants a kickboxing class. she also told me to make a list of any and all equipment I need, so this could be pretty sweet.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 27 - gym

VERY short day, due to meetings and such.

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    205 x 1 x 10
    225 x 2 x 8

squats
    225 x 1 x 10
    275 x 1 x 10
    315 x 2 x 10

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10/31- muay thai

pad drills all night

roundhouse kicks on the suitcase pads - 2 rounds
    boxing drills - 2 rounds
    onsey - twosies - two sets, up to 5 and back down
    defensive tiip drills - 4 rounds
    knees from the clinch - 2 rounds

the rest was all calesthenics, with some killer ab work.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Pyramid kicking?
    strike!

aye. pyramid kicking.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Pad drills with a training partner?

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    10/31- muay thai

pad drills all night

roundhouse kicks on the suitcase pads - 2 rounds
    boxing drills - 2 rounds
    defensive tiip drills - 4 rounds
    knees from the clinch - 2 rounds

the rest was all calesthenics, with some killer ab work.

yeah.

where the heck have you been man? long time, no see...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Sevenstar,

Ive done a bit of traveling, moved twice, finally settled back into where I started from! LOL sounds like a tai chi story.. HE RETURNED TO HIS ORIGINAL NATURE LOL

Im actively bodybuilding and practicing tai chi/qi gong on my own time. Im enjoying the combination of both, they have so far complimented eachother and Im feeling a lot stronger all around. Ive really focussed on improving my diet and doing cardio 6 days a week now!!!

It has been too long mate. Im thrilled to see you are still working hard at it