Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training for health

Blog Entries

Training for health

- Weight lifting can develop your bone, muscle, structure, and add weight.
    - Running can develop your lung, heart, leg muscle, endurance, and lose weight.

Both are good for health. If you only have time to do one and not both,

- Which one will you prefer?
    - Which one do you think that can help you to live longer?
    - Why?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-03-2013 at 03:44 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post

- Which one will you prefer?
    - Which one do you think that can help you to live longer?
    - Why?
    its not either or its how you set the programme up:
    weights can be used to develop the heart, the lunges (whatever that means) the leg muscles, help with endurance and also weight loss, the question should be what makes you think weights cant do that and only running can?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    the question should be what makes you think weights cant do that and only running can?
    prepping to run a marathon

Neither, I'll stick to chi kung. That's not to say running or lifting isn't a good test of progress though because it is.

Flame On!

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    prepping to run a marathon
    Reading comprehension please
    he never mentioned a marathon he said - Running can develop your lung, heart, leg muscle, endurance, and lose weight.
    And i said the question should be what makes you think lifting weights can’t do these things and only running can??

I run 5min and lift weits 50 min. I feel 5 min fast run is enough for me

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

There are 3 types of running:
    Short
    Middle
    Long distance.

There are MANY types of ST protocols that will give you the same "cardio" benefits of those ( NOT the task SPECIFIC benefits) with the added factor of weight bearing exercises which are very good for your bones.

In short, IF specificity is NOT important than weight training with whatever parameters you want to follow, is far better than "just running".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    what makes you think weights cant do that and only running can?
    When I say running, I mean "long distance running" such as 10 K (6 miles) average.

When I trained my 1st marathon, I could see my body shrank in the mirror so I know "long distance running" is good for weight lost.

When I say "lung", I mean breathing ability. When I did my long distance running, I could do TCMA form without hard breathing. So I know it can help my lung (breathing) and endurence.

Running can give you healthy heart. No need explaination there.

Since leg is what you are using, you will get a pair of strong legs.

Can weight lifting be able to achieve that? I don't know. I don't see many people in the gym who sweat and breath hard like runner does.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-03-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

run while lifting weights

PROBLEM SOLVED

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

i think if you had to pick one activity strictly for health reasons out of the two, i would say running. simply because almost every single runner i know that runs distance is in great health. not so for every weight lifter i know.

not to say that weight training wont keep you in great health, because it can and will. but over all the results ive seen from people who do happen to go to the extreme: ie; runners that dont lift, and lifters that dont run distance.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i think tho the best thing you could do is just have regular long sessions of crazy wild sex. this will keep you in good shape, you can get cardio and weight lifting aspects in, you can relieve stress, and make your woman happy (which adds years onto your life in and of itself) you can keep your flexibility up, range of motion, balance, etc. its pretty much the full meal deal.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i think tho the best thing you could do is just have regular long sessions of crazy wild sex. this will keep you in good shape, you can get cardio and weight lifting aspects in, you can relieve stress, and make your woman happy (which adds years onto your life in and of itself) you can keep your flexibility up, range of motion, balance, etc. its pretty much the full meal deal.

I like how you think my good sir!

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu

Greetings,

In NYC, I would say that 96 to 98% of the joggers out here should not be jogging. They do not have the musculature for it and are setting themselves up for shin, knee and hip injuries. They would be much better off walking briskly.

Those that I have seen who can jog have a very good musculature and great legs to begin with. Earlier this year I saw a Chinese lady jog, rickshaw style (somewhat similar to the running step seen in Long Fist styles). She really had it going on. Each step was followed by a leaping float into the next step. Her form was so beautiful. And she had the legs to do it.

mickey

After an hour of running, I feel worn out and my joints will ache the next day.

After an hour of lifting, I feel relaxed and I have a lot of pep the next day.

I do both, but I usually do long runs once a week at most.

If put on a basic, strength lifting program, chubby people lose the chub, and skinny people fill out naturally.

Daily thai pad sessions will help you to lose weight quickly.

Running can give you healthy heart. No need explaination there.
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles...ted-health.htm