Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

Hajime no Seven - the second blog

I was gonna ttt my old blog from the main forum, which I think had over 30 pages, but since we had the forum move, it's been archived and I can't get to it. I figure since everyone else is blogging now, I will too.

I'll start with last night:

4/11

I had some meetings during lunch, so I skipped out on the gym. In thai boxing, we covered traditional stuff, as opposed to the sport aspect, which we normally cover. Afterward, I put on the gloves with a training buddy there and did the following:

2 rounds straight shadowboxing

2 rounds pad drills

2 rouns of kicks on the heavybag

1 round of interval punching - 15 seconds slowly, followed by 15 seconds of punching as fast as I could

1 round of power shots - no jabs - each strike was donw as powerfully as I could

1 round of jabs only

1 round of jab/cross combos

I have alot of bag and shadowboxing routines that I do, each to work different aspects of my game. I'll post them and go into more detail as the days go by. All in all, last night was a pretty light night.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

4/12

today is roadwork day. I did interval runs based on round lengths. So, for example, run for 3 mins and either walk or jog for 1 min. I did this for 8 rounds.

tonight I have a judo class and will do some shadow boxing. I'll post what we did after we do it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

"beginning's sevenstar"?

errr

"sevenstar no hajime" or "sevenstar no hajimeru" might be a lil more correct....

otherwise, welcome aboard the blog bandwagon.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

^ Yeah. "No" = like " 's "

It might be a phrase that doesn't translate, tho. I could see "Hajime no X" as being "the beginning of X," even tho it doesn't literally translate that way.

When you say "slow punches for 15 seconds", how slow is "slow?"
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    how much ground do you cover in 8 rounds of running?

thanks
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by BMore Banga
    "beginning's sevenstar"?

errr

"sevenstar no hajime" or "sevenstar no hajimeru" might be a lil more correct....

otherwise, welcome aboard the blog bandwagon.

yeah, ubt if I changed it, it wouldn't be like the anime title

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Forward, forward!
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    how much ground do you cover in 8 rounds of running?

thanks

depends on my speed. yesterday I covered about 2.5 miles. The goal of the three minutes on, one minute off is to simulate rounds in the ring. yesterday was not all out sprinting, but my goal is to be able to get to a full sprint for each round.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    When you say "slow punches for 15 seconds", how slow is "slow?"
    The normal pace that I throw punches when I shadowbox. the fast is nonstop, repeated punching as fast as I can.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    depends on my speed. yesterday I covered about 2.5 miles. The goal of the three minutes on, one minute off is to simulate rounds in the ring. yesterday was not all out sprinting, but my goal is to be able to get to a full sprint for each round.
    ok, cool, i don't feel so bad about my pace then. I'll hit between 2.4 and 2.7 depending on how I'm feeling that day. just curious, thanks.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

4/12

judo - we warmed up and did some moving uchi komis, followed by about thrity minutes of "throw for throw" drills - we move around as we would in typical randori, but we take turns throwing eachother. This was followed by thirty mins of actual randori. I tried to focus on movement and sweeping more than anything - keeping my opponent busy so I could set up the big throw, which for me (right now, anyway) is either harai goshi, uchi mata or tai otoshi. I also tried to focus on grip fighting and establishing my position quickly while nullifying theirs.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    ok, cool, i don't feel so bad about my pace then. I'll hit between 2.4 and 2.7 depending on how I'm feeling that day. just curious, thanks.

you run in 3 min spurts too?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

4/13 - gym

lifted weights today. my hero was in there - the man is 69 and can bench 275. There was also a loud mouthed buddy of mine in there... whenever I see him, he talks about his "glory days" when he was one of the baddest bouncers in miami. He also gave me his take on k-1, mma, etc. This ain't his blog though, so that's not important. Here's what I didi today.

bench press:
    145 X 10 - 2 sets
    245 X 4 - 7 - 8 sets
    225 X 5 - 2 sets

dips:
    4 sets of 10

tricep press downs (The bench, seat for my presses and dip station were all taken, so I did them while I was waiting)
    1 pyramid set, from 30 - 70, then back down

dummy military press
    40 X 8 - 4 sets

All in all, not a heavy day, but it felt good nontheless. Tonight I have muay thai and will post about it later.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Haha, SevenStar is in so much better shape than me it's not even funny

Better endurance
    Better strength (probably... except in pullups)
    Better fighting ability

w00t. Way to go, bro.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    you run in 3 min spurts too?
    He does something in three minute spurts...
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn