Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

06/05/06 - muay thai

calesthenics

after the typical warm up, we did several rounds of shadow boxing and pad drills. After class, I put in three rounds on the heavy bag.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

06/06/06

bench
    135 x 2 x 10
    225 x 2 x 5
    265 x 1 x 5

dummy curls
    45 x 1 x 8
    55 x 2 x 5

barbell curls
    75 x 1 x 5
    75 x 1 x 8

pressdowns
    85 x 2 x 8

shrugs
    75 x 1 x 10
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

06/08/06

deads
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 2 x 5
    265 x 1 x 5
    315 x 2 x 5

squats
    225 x 1 x 8
    345 x 4 x 5

muay thai

nothing out of the ordinary. lots of boxing drills.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

06/12/06 - muay thai

calesthenics, followed by shadow boxing. We did offensive and defensive teep drills, and added in knees, boxing and elbows. Plenty of neck and ab exercises. After class I put in time on the speed and heavy bags.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/13/06

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 3 x 5
    265 x 2 x 4

curls
    40 x 1 x 10
    55 x 2 x 5
    45 x 1 x 8

triceps
    pressdowns x2 x pyramid from 80 - 50

pullups
    1 x 5

shrugs
    85 x 2 x 10

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

06/16/06

deads
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 5
    315 x 3 x 5

squats
    225 x 1 x 10
    315 x 2 x 5
    385 x 3 x 5

curls
    40 x 1 x 8
    55 x 3 x 5

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/19/06 muay thai -

lotsa calesthenics - squats, pushups, ab work, etc. - the norm. we focused on combination patterns tonight, particularly doubling them on each side, to get the newbs used to the feeling of awkwardness. For example, jab, left hook, cross, right roundhouse. Next we threw some spontaneity into the mix - we could throw whatever technique we wanted, but had to follow a set pattern - right, left, right left, left, left, right, left, etc.

we finished the class off with 10 sets of 5-10-5's.

After class I played around with one of the students and did some light work on the speed bag.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 06-21-2006 at 02:09 PM.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

hey, you're pmz are full
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

6/20/06

didn't have a lot of time today, but made the best of what I did have:

bench
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 2 x 8
    245 x 2 x 5
    185 x 1 x 10

curls
    45 x 2 x 8
    35 x 2 x 10

standing shoulder press
    135 x 2 x 8

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/20/06 - muay thai

heavy bag
    4 rounds, balls to the wall

speed bag
    2 rounds

jumping rope
    4 rounds

plyometric pushups (2 variations)
    4 x 10

intervals
    squats / jumping jacks / punches / shuffling - 3 sets

plyo pushups / standing shoulder press / barbell curls - 4 sets

I'm gonna be changing my training slightly over the next 5 weeks, as I may be taking a fight. a couple of the newbies are fighting in july and really want me to fight with them, and I've been havin the itch anyway...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/23/06

crap... I started running again. I HATE RUNNING. I only ran two miles, but every step of the whole short trek reminded me of how much I hate running.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

6/28

I've been in all day meetings the past two days, late meetings the days before that, all causing me to work late and miss both the gym and thai classes. I did manage to finally make it back to the gym today though.

bench
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 5
    245 x 1 x 5
    265 x 2 x 5
    225 x 3 x 7

curls
    40 x 1 x 8
    45 x 1 x 8
    50 x 1 x 5
    60 x 2 x 3
    40 x 1 x 5
    45 x 1 x 5

triceps
    pyramids 85 - 50 @ 5 lb increments - 1 set

shrugs
    80 x 2 x 10
    After that, I left. I'll add my shoulder presses on the next lifting day and have thought about starting cleans again

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Long weekend. I didn't train much at all until yesterday, but got plenty of movement in putting people out of the club at work. We were swamped. Anyway, yesterday I put in some time on the bench and doing curls. I had to work a little late, so I didn't have time to do a lot, but something is better than nothing.

bench
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 3 x 7
    225 x 2 x 5

curls
    40 x 1 x 10
    50 x 3 x 5

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

7 / 6

deads
    225 x 1 x 10
    315 x 2 x 5
    365 x 2 x 5

squats
    225 x 1 x 10
    315 x 2 x 5
    365 x 1 x 5
    385 x 1 x 5

pullups
    3 x 3

2 mile jog

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

jog?

who are you and what have you done with sevenstar?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA