Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

That's cool - I need to travel more. Hopefully I'll be doing some soon. You need to spread the message about benefitting from both bodybuilding and taiji, for all the naysayers who say that strength training will inhibit internal develoment.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

11/1 - gym

30 mins on the eliptical machine.

I took it a lil easy - had a hellified night at the club.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

11 / 2 gym -

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 8
    245 x 1 x 7
    255 x 2 x 6
    245 x 2 x 6
    225 x 2 x 7
    135 x 1 x 10

We got a new bench - I hate it. It's WAY too wide at the bottom, so your legs have to stretch to straddle it. you have a lot less contact with the ground. Everybody who has used it complains about it. Because of the awkaradness, I went rather light on the bench today. I really don't wanna have to use the smith machine to bench, but I may have to...

30 mins - stair climber

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Speading the word is really not my goal at the moment. Focussing on myself again, ill be teaching more again in about 6 months to a year.

Im looking forward to trying the stair climber at my gym, it looks nice.

That sucks about your new bench. You should band together and complain to the owners of your gym. My gym takes complaints very seriously and fixes them fast.

Nice numbers on bench. Bench is probably my weakest exercise but I am getting it up there. I now have a workout buddy who can spot so ill share my stats in the weeks to come.

11 / 7 gym -

30 mins eliptical machine

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11 / 10 gym

I started a different type of cycle on my bench training. I started with approx 55% of my max and will add 5% each lifting session. hopefully, in about 10 weeks I will be reping with my max.

135 x 1 x 10
    165 x 10 x 8

30 mins eliptical machine.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 11-20-2006 at 09:11 PM.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11/13 gym -

I'm adopting a similar method with the squat, but started a bit heavier. I started with 75% of what I am currently doing for 3 reps.

225 x 1 x 10
    315 x 8 x 10

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11 / 15 gym -

bench
    135 x 1 x 10
    180 x 10 x 8

curls
    40 x 5 x 8

deads
    225 x 1 x 10
    365 x 8 x 5

shrugs
    315 x 2 x 8

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11 / 17 gym -

bench
    135 x 1 x 10
    195 x 10 x 8

skull crushers
    55 x 5 x 8

tricep pressdown
    pyramid 80 --> 40
    70 x 2 x 10

30 mins eliptical

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11/22/06

bench press
    210 x 10 x 8

30 mins eliptical machine

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11/27 - gym

deads
    225 x 1 x 10
    375 x 6 x 3

lat pull downs
    110 x 1 x 8
    120 x 1 x 8
    130 x 1 x 8
    140 x 1 x 8
    150 x 1 x 8
    150 x 1 x 8
    160 x 1 x 8

dummy curls
    45 x 2 x 8
    50 x 5 x 5-6

shrugs
    225 x 1 x 10
    70 (2 70lb dumbells) x 6 x 15

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

11/28 - gym

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 5 x 6-7

squats
    225 x 1 x 10
    335 x 5 x 5

I was short on time today, but will finish my other 5 sets on my next visit to the gym. I'm still pushing to breaking my bench pr of 305. Hopefully this new cycle helps.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I just started dead lifting and bench again! Man my back is feeling it today but it was great. I did..

125 in deads to warm up, then 195 then 215. Im working on building it up to 300 by february or so.

On bench im currently maxed around 180 which is how much I weigh but im looking to push past that in the next few months too. Ive always had a weak bench but not any more!!!!!!

congrats on starting back. I don't really have a definite lifting goal right now, other than to keep lifting bigger and bigger. I'm benching 305, but am shooting to push past that. I'm squatting in the 430's, but it would be great to squat 6. Deads, I just do. last time I trained with the powerlifters, the weakest dead in the group was like 515. I'm going to shoot for at least 515. right now, I'm about 100lbs shy.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    240 x 8 x 5 - 6

dips
    3 x 8

standing barbell military press
    125 x 5 x 5

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter