Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

7 / 18 - gym

I was pressed for time, so all I did today was chest work, but I did plenty of it. I had to share the bench with another gym rat though, so I was doing the same exercises he was doing, out of nicety... and he was a fan of declines. So, I did several sets of declines and flat bench presses today.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

7 / 19 - tae bo....

yeah, yeah. Since I have to teach it, I picked up a couple of his dvds and I'm going to be doing them so I can get a feel for what they are wanting me to do. Regardless of how much I thought it sucked, it DOES make me break a decent sweat. I did 90 mins of the stuff tonight.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

7 / 20 - gym

curls, bench, deads and squats. I'm still not in heavy mode, but I am moving back up to it. I was squatting with 330 and deading 275. Bench I kept fairly light at 235 and i was curling with 45-50.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

7 / 21 - tae bo...

90 mins. I'm getting the hang of it now and am starting to compose the various combinations that I am going to use in the class.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

7 / 22 - capoeira

lots of sweat, lots of repetition, lots of sparring, lots of goodness. I started learning a type of back handspring tonight, which was awesome. can't remember what it was called though. I also focused on footwork and some basic combinations.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

7 / 23 - thai boxing

open mat sparring. So basically, we sparred for an hour and a half. Good stuff.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

7 / 21 - thai boxing

opps - forgot to talk about this day. This was like the normal thurs class - we ran through a circuit. Afterward, we did combinations on the pads and ended the night with ab work and 5-10-5's

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

7 / 25 - gym

military press, bench, squat. repeat.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

7 / 26 - tae bo...

nuff said.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

and what's left of sevenstar's street cred hopped on the jolly trolley and moved to weenieland.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i dunno...I'd still say he could still beat both our asses...probably at the same time...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by rubthebuddha
    and what's left of sevenstar's street cred hopped on the jolly trolley and moved to weenieland.

yeah, this can't possibly be good for my street cred, but I swear I'm not wearing any of those retarded, glow in the dark outfits that blanks wears.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

8/8/ - it's been a while

I've been training, but I haven't been posting any of it here due to an increased work load. I'm going to start posting them again asap. lifting is going pretty good though, and I've been regular with capoeira and thai boxing. I'm bouncing like four nights a week now, and that has been majorly interfering with judo and bjj, but I'll get back to them when I can.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

9/26/05 - muay thai

I haven't been blogging - we got 4 new guys in my area and I am responsible for training them. consequently, I have an increased workload between my work, theirs and answering their questions.

Anyway, last night, we worked footwork and hands. A lot of footwork and a lot of boxing, which we are going to be focusing on for a while. After class I did a few rounds of mitt drills with one of the other coaches.

I also got offered a fight in december, so It's time to kick the training up a notch. I don't know much about it yet, other than it's in dec. I also got offered one the last week of october, but I am expecting a baby that week, so I couldn't accept it.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

"Dempsheee Rrrolllllllll!!!!!!!!!"