Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

9 / 28 - gym

hit the weights, but kept it light. For the next 4 weeks or so I am going to be focusing more on muscular endurance.

bench press
    135 x 10 - 1 set
    185 x 12 - 2 sets
    205 x 10 - 2 sets
    205 x 7 - 2 sets

cleans
    135 x 10 - 3 sets

T - pushups
    15 x 10 - 3 sets
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

9/29/05 - muay thai

Tonight I had the class run a circuit consisting of the following:

shadow boxing
    skip knees
    double end bag
    crunches
    punching the heavy bag
    t pushups / squats - interval

we ran the circuit twice, then broke out the focus mitts.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

9/30/05 - cardio

ran 2.5 miles today. hated every bit of it.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10/1 - gym

in keeping with my plan, I kept it fairly light tonight with moderately high reps. I performed

bench press
    squats
    curls
    dips

in several sets of of 8-12.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10/2 - cardio-

Another not so fun run of 2.5 miles.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

spent the last few days preparing to go out of town, then actually left this weekend. I made it to the gym yesterday though, and hit the weights. I benched 205 for reps, squatted 315 for reps, did a few sets of dips and did dumbell curls with 50lbs for reps.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10/11 - gym

today I hit the bench again, along with deads, pullups and dips. I'm working them for reps as per the first cycle of my regimen.

bench - 215 x 8 - 10
    squats - 315 x 10
    dips - sets of 10
    pullups - sets of 2 - 5

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 12 - thai boxing

after the standard warmup we went straight into working hands. lots of boxing combinations. we ended by adding some kicks to the combinations. Afterward, we split - two coaches had the beginners (we have an assload of them now) and I went with the advanced guys. One of them has an MMA fight coming up, so we were working mitts and doing various drills.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 12 - capoeira

standard warm up, which consists of about 15 mins of various non-ending calesthenics. One thing I have to give them credit for is the great shape they are constantly in. after warmup, we drilled combinations - ginga / negativa / role, ginga / negativa / role / aul, reverse rashteira (can't remember the full name) / role / negativa / role / aul and a few others.

After that, we drilled takedowns (yes, takedowns) and ended with play in the roda.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 13 - thai boxing

conditioning tonight. I had the following set up:

circuit 1:
    shadow boxing
    skip knees
    double end bag
    abs
    kicks on heavybag1
    punches on heavybag2
    15 sec mini interval - punches, jumping jacks, squat thrusts, squats

2 mins per station.

then we moved on to some pad drill - 5 - 10 - 5's for four reps.

Next was circuit 2. This time the rounds were only one minute, with only 30 seconds of rest:

jumping jacks
    squats
    rapid punching
    squat thrusts
    t - pushups
    jump squats

we ended with ab work and a round of mitt drills.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 15 - thai boxing

I've been giving private lessons to someone every saturday for the past few months. today was just another typical training day for us except for one thing - I took an old heavy bag and had her run around the room, dragging it behind her. She did really well, but is now (10/17) extremely sore from it.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 10-17-2005 at 02:11 PM.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 17 - thai boxing

tonight we spent the first half of class training boxing techniques and drilling them with a partner. We focused on the hook and uppercut. Later we added some kicks into the mix and ended with light sparring. After class, some of the more experienced guys stayed after for more sparring. It was a decent session, but we had a guy get KOed by a leg kick. He went to get checked out though, and he's okay.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 18 - gym

squats
    315 x 10 - 3 sets
    225 x 10 - 1 set

bench
    135 x 10 - 1 set
    225 x 7 - 2 sets
    215 x 7 - 1 set
    205 x 8 - 1 set

dumbbell curls
    55lbs x 5 - 1 set
    45lbs x 9 - 2 sets
    40lbs x 10 - 1 set

That was it for today... way too short on time.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

10 / 20 - muay thai

jump rope - 2rds x 4min each

shadowboxing - 4rds x 2min

heavy bag - punches - 4rds x 2min - interval - 30 secs normal, 30 secs full speed / power

double end bag - 4rds x 2min

knees - 4rds x 2min

elbows and knees - 4rds x 2min

abs

thai pad drills - 5-10-5's

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

The last two weeks have been fairly interesting, even though i really haven't trained much. The week before last - 10/24 - 10/28 I had jury duty. When the lawyers questioned the jurors looking for bodies to sit on the trial, It came out that I have a second job as a bouncer. After that, they grilled me with questions. Turns out the case was about a stabbing that happened outside of a local club. I ended up getting picked and it was a really interesting week...

That weekend, my wife went into labor. Our son was born on Halloween, and as a result, I took off all last week. Today I made it back to the gym and hit bench and squats for 5 x 5, and I did three sets of curls. Tomorrow I will be back on schedule with thai and capoeira.

On a side note, this past weekend I bought def jam: fight for NY. Love it. I've been playing it for hours at a time since I haven't been in class.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter