Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Seven - the second blog

he's 8. he already tries to flip constantly, so he really likes the acrobatic side of capoeira.

4 / 26

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 8
    265 x 1 x 5
    305 x 1 x 2
    310 x 1 x 2
    275 x 2 x 4
    225 x 1 x 6

deads
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 5
    315 x 2 x 5

32s
    25 x 3

curls
    50 x 1 x 5
    65 x 2 x 3
    55 x 1 x 5
    40 x 1 x 8
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

4 / 27

jumping jacks
    300 - with 20lb vest

squats
    150 - wearing vest and holding 30lb 1yr old

pushups
    100 with vest
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

4 / 30 - muay thai

partner work all night. countering jabs and countering jab / cross / hook combo. slips, working the body, etc.

on my own i did two rounds of shadowboxing and a bunch of calesthenics.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5 / 1

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 5
    275 x 1 x 5
    295 x 1 x 3
    315 x 2 x 2
    275 x 1 x 3
    225 x 1 x 7
    205 x 1 x 10

barbell rows
    135 x 1 x 8
    155 x 1 x 5
    165 x 1 x 5
    185 x 1 x 5
    205 x 1 x 5
    225 x 1 x 5

shrugs
    135 x 1 x 12
    155 x 1 x 12
    185 x 1 x 12
    205 x 2 x 12
    225 x 1 x 10
    275 x 2 x 8

shoulder raise
    135 x 4 x 5

dummy curls
    45 x 1 x 8
    50 x 1 x 5
    55 x 1 x 5
    60 x 1 x 3

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Sorry, this probably isn't the place to ask these qs but what are dummy curls and 32s?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

it's cool - questions and comments are the only ways I know someone actually reads this thing.

dummy = dumbell. I'm just to lazy to type it out, and I get a kick out of writing 'dummy'

32s are basically a superset of shoulder exercises that I do.
    8 reps - lateral raises
    8 reps - overhead press
    8 reps - bent lateral raises
    8 reps - shoulder raises

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5 / 2 - muay thai

I didn't really feel like teaching tonight, so the other teachers taught without me. I trained on my own and helped make corrections when I saw them. the students built on what we worked monday - combination punching and defending. We also did an intro to the clinch and showed basic knee strikes. The advanced guys worked the thai pads, specifically kicking and transitioning to clinch range and plenty of calesthenics.

I just made myself sweat:
    6 rounds - jump rope
    1 round thai bag - kicks only
    100 pushups
    200 squats
    300 jumping jacks
    10 rounds heavybag

I varied the bagwork up, some rounds I was close to the bag, bobbing and weaving and throwing hooks and uppercuts, some rounds I spent in out boxing range, throwing jabs and crosses only, a few rounds I mixed everything together and I did one round southpaw.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

cool that your posting your muay thai stuff again

yeah, a few people have asked about it, so I'm gonna start putting all of that in here again - I guess it'll add more variety.

5 / 3

bench press
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 7
    275 x 3 x 5

deads
    135 x 1 x 10
    225 x 1 x 5
    315 x 1 x 5
    405 x 3 x 4

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    around 230 right now. yeah, GDA is my new hero.
    i just saw this ... thanks guys.

ever since i slacked off my own training journal ive been too depressed to look at everyone elses. i decided that i gotta start loggin everything again, so i was updating myself with how you guys were doin.

your vested pushups make me sick man. litterally ... it makes me sick to my stomach to think about doing that many pushups on top of everything else.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    How old is your kid? Thats awesome to teach a kid cap, it'll give them acrobatic skills for anything in the future (including judo, there's this one dude at the club, when you throw him a lot of times he just lands on his feet).
    thats friggen awesome.
    where's my beer?

4 / 27

squats
    150 - wearing vest and holding 30lb 1yr old
    this made me laugh for two reasons. one because i've done the same thing with adora on the calf raise machine when i was able to do the stack and logged it the same way. and two because adora is 7 years old and weighs 40lbs.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    this made me laugh for two reasons. one because i've done the same thing with adora on the calf raise machine when i was able to do the stack and logged it the same way. and two because adora is 7 years old and weighs 40lbs.
    kids are a hoot to workout with. when I do pushups, he either tries to copy me, or he hops on my back.

he's big for a little guy. my 8 year old weights about 75 right now

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

it's cool - questions and comments are the only ways I know someone actually reads this thing.

dummy = dumbell. I'm just to lazy to type it out, and I get a kick out of writing 'dummy'

32s are basically a superset of shoulder exercises that I do.
    8 reps - lateral raises
    8 reps - overhead press
    8 reps - bent lateral raises
    8 reps - shoulder raises
    Cheers!

Working out with your kid is cool... is that your 1 yr old who copies you or 'hops' on your back?!

Gonna be getting myself some of those weights pretty d@mn soon...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

yeah, that's the 1 yr old. He likes pushups, jumping jacks and shadowboxing, and will try to mimic them. Anything else, he has no interest in and just looks at me like I'm a fool.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter