Thread: Tong Zi Gong

Tong Zi Gong

I did a search, but I didnt find anything on this form.

This is supposed to be the childs routine in shaolin. The one where they bend all weird ways.

Theres a beginner one and an advanced set as wel (from what the show was saying)l...The beginner one was shown with kids, the advanced was shown with an 18 year old.

Is it possible to learn this type of form when you're 18, or MUST you have started when you were very young?

That type of flexibility would be awesome.

Greetings PaiLumDreamer,

You will find more search results if you bring the words together: tongzigong. I have often heard of it as the Virgin Boy Skill. I have never studied this skill specifically but I was told that certain discipline's like this one should be started when one is young. I think it has to do with the softness of the tendons and bones when one is young.

I remember demonstrating walking while in a bridge position. My master told me that I was able to do that because I trained it when I was younger.

But don't let that deter you. The chin to toe stretch (Kissing Shoe) was a requirement of Kuo Lien Ying for his students (I read that in IKF) before learning Tai Chi Chuan: sort of a tradition.

Even though he calls it Taoist Yoga, I consider what Paulie Zinc does Virgin Boy skill.

Another, who has taught many athletes his stretching method is Adrian Crook. He is able to do the Chin to Toe Stretch, Stamp Sky Stretch as well as front extended leg in a squatting position. He learned this method from a Chinese Master. Though his website is down (gosh, I hope he is still alive) his tapes are still available. He offers essential keys for gaining flexibility for those stretches that I have not seen offered anywhere else. His tapes are offered here:

http://www.nsp.org/nsp2002/edu_templ...tegory=Fitness

It may be better to choose a few stretching skills that are pertinant to your own practice. That way the skill will be easier to maintain.

Good Luck,

mickey

Oops I forgot. You can also try Yoga.
    Last edited by mickey; 04-12-2005 at 07:02 PM.

There are a number of videos around the internet of various versions of this form. I'd suppose you could start whenever, but some of those positions I wouldn't imagine everyone could do no matter when.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Ive been considering taking a traditional Yoga class for a while now. I tried it once, and I thought it was fun.

Thanks for the tip for searching.

Also, I dont really expect I could do that type of stuff...I probably never will. I was just interested

One reason I asked here is because I thought maybe someone had actually learned it. They will (more than likely) be older, so I wanted to hear what they had to say.

Thanks for the tips.