Thread: 70's kung-fu is back!!!

Talking 70's kung-fu is back!!!

yes thats right, the 70's kung fu era may be gone but not forgotten. i just watched this kung-fu movie on this site, its a zer budget movie which is rather interesting. I really recommend it if you want to see the more comedic side of kung-fu with a sense of the 70's
    click the link now
    http://www.archive.org/movies/detail...sLegendofBouge

Cool link.

Hollywood is embracing a storm of change coming.

With movie tech readily available for the price of 300$ digital cam and 600$ home PC.

Everyone may make movies with a low budget.

Distribution via internet.

Watched part of movie fighting for the robe and speaking with Chinglish accent.

Cool.

Kung Fu, action and comedy in the movies were never stopped since the 1970's.

There are movies made by Jackie Chen 成龙 in the 80's and 90's.

Hong Kong continue to produce Kung Fu action and comedy including Jet Li 李连杰 and Zhou Xing Chi 周星驰 in the late 80's and 90's.

China using government fund and manpower produced Kung Fu movies of histories, Jin Yong 金庸 and Gu Long 古龙 CMA novels in the late 80's and 90's.

My favorite is the legend of the marshland or Shui Hu Zhuan 水滸傳 by Luo Guan Zhong 罗贯中. It is the story about "heroes" hiding out in the Liang Shan Po 梁山泊.

The legends of the soaring eagles. Se Diao Yin Xiong Zhuan 射雕英雄传. It is a story about 2 brothers in bond fighting among mongolians, Jing and Song.

I used to read the novels over and over. Now China TV corp made them alive in DVD.

Hopefully, the audience may start to learn more about them beyond the 70' Kung Fu movie flicks.

Last edited by SPJ; 04-16-2005 at 07:09 AM.

I have seen a lot of CMA movies from Taiwan, Hongkong, China and Hollywood.

Hollywood movies in the 60's and early 70's, you see a lot of philosophical ones.

Nowadays Hollywood movies are all about high tech and computer generated images.

In the old time, all the fighting scenes had be rehearsed over and over till everything was right and cut.

In the 70's, there were more stunts and wires.

Nowadays, computer imagetry made Mr. Anderson in matrix fought Kung Fu invincibly. Jet Li and Jackie Chen can only sigh.
    Last edited by SPJ; 04-16-2005 at 07:10 AM.

Movies is about story telling. CMA novels and movies are always about telling a story and fighting is only secondary.

Jet Li always played a heartless kyller. His acting in "Hero" had some soul searching and facial expressions with warmth. In other roles, he was always expressionless. Every one remembered that Jet Li has big smiles in his 13 year old Wushu Champ comp. He also had a big smile in his first movie in China. It is about Shaolin Temple.

Jackie Chen had a long history of movies after movies. I remembered I saw his movies in the 70's. They are CMA movies. He fought from the beginning to the end. I enjoyed them very much. But the movies did not do well, because everyone was bored. JC started to include some stunts and comedy. The movies did better. JC struck it big in the police story with a lot of stunts fighting crimes in so many different countries including New York. --

Taiwan movie industry started to be replaced by Hong Kong in the late 70's and eventually dried up. Taiwan TV drama was dying out and lost to China TV in the late 80s.

After 1997, Jet Li and JC went to Hollywood.

China and Hong Kong continue to produce good CMA movies. In the 1990's, China made so many CMA novels and history TV series.

Taiwan is still pretty dry up in the movies industry.

Hollywood may need to go back to soul searching and story telling after people are "impressed" by all the computer tech movie making.

Hollywood MA movies.

Kung Fu TV series in the 70's. Bruce Lee "enter the dragon" etc.

Karate kid Dan niel san and Miyagi. Karate girl Swank.

Steven Stegall Qin Na Shu.

Van Damme Canadian Kick boxer.

Ninja movies.

Last samurai.

Matrix triology. Alexander. King Arthur. Troy.

---

Actually Spike TV is starting to show Kung Fu movies on the weekend, Films of Fury. Maybe not always 70's movies.

April 15 at 2 pm est-Jet Li in The Legend
    April 16 at 2 pm est-Jet Li in Legend of the Swordsman
    www.spiketv.com
    Do you have the patience to wait
    till your mud settles and the water is clear?
    Can you remain unmoving
    till the right action arises by itself?