Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jade Empire

Unbelievable Martial Arts Game

I am sure some may have heard of this game already, but if you have been too busy training, here ya go!!:

http://jade.bioware.com/?showFlash=1
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Hey dude! IS THAT GAME OUT YET!??

ships 4/12/o5 to stores

anyone ever play mercernaries: playground of destruction?

i am pretty much completely addicted to that game. its never been more fun to blow **** up in my opinion. and u can pretty much kill or destroy anything except trees in it. they put so much detail into the explosions too... lol do i sound psychotic yet?

seriously tho. you gotta check that game out.

**** i love blowing **** up in vid games...

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Jade Empire

Im not much of a video game person but I like to play martial arts video games when im relaxing at home, sinse I have no life or friends outside of kung fu. I have Ninja Gaiden and I just got that Jade Empire game.

Its pretty neat, you get to perform Kung Fu and stuff. I have not played too much of it but its pretty cool looking game.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

So why don't you have a life outside of kung fu? A well rounded martial artist is interested in a variety of things.

You need a music hobby or something like that. Inline skating? If you can inline skate your legs get very strong and your sense of balance will be one of the best in kung fu class.

Take some dancing class. I think square dancing is manly isn't it? That would test your coordination and how you react to other people. You would be surprised how hard it is to coordinate with a partner. That training will help you when you spar with another person. That is why you see those kung fu guys dancing.

I think bruce lee was a ballroom dancer wasn't he?

Start Breakdancing. Hit some jams or something. That or get Shenmue 2, now that's a martial art game.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I used to skateboard. I did that for about 7 years, and it did give me excellent balance and coordination. I work fulltime, and train most of the rest of the time. Now days though if im going to do something physical it will be kung fu. I have made a lot of sacrifices to get where im at now, and I dont regret one of them.

But I finally got an opportunity to play that game a little more. Its pretty neat. My character (named Chen Zhen) is pretty quick with his hands and uses a jian.

I do have a few friends, but when we get together we discuss martial topics, or we sparr.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

I'm a big fan of the Knights of the Old Republic game, finishing both installments in my (rare) spare time. I knew I'd have to have Jade Empire when the team that put together KOTOR said it was really just a warm up for Jade Empire.
    I bought my copy last night, but haven't had time to check into it yet.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

is that only for xbox?

Yep its an xbox one. I have played it a little more now. Its neat.

You can get monk spade, kwan dao, straightsword, dual broad, etc...

different martial styles. I do not watch T.V. so i prefer to be active in my couch potatoing. Rather than sitting and just watching I can make decisions and have fun.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

wish the games weren't soooooooo expensive.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius

games are only going to get more expensive. a-list titles for the next generation will be at least $60. jade empire is worth it. the harmonic combos really bring you back to the early days of mortal kombat. my favorite has to be storm dragon finished off by legendary fist. as for outside martial arts hobbies, does getting drunk count?
    To know others is to have knowledge. To know oneself is to be enlightened.

Does laziness always win, or can it not be defeated?

The ULTIMATE in self defense:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInKKHlB51g

lol, it might

i didnt know you could have different harmonic combos. I always just blow people up. Ill have to try that out.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Quote Originally Posted by baldmantiz
    As for outside martial arts hobbies, does getting drunk count?
    Only if you're still in college or under the age of 24.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.