Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 13 yr old kid whacks another kid with baseballbat: on trial for murder

When are people going to learn that

Nowadays it just doesnt pay to be a bully or someone who teases and makes fun of another person because they are different,or are raised different, or in any circumstance where the so called "norm" is not followed.

i grew up with bullys harrassing me when i was in elementary school,,i was a runt back then and i had to take it,,plus the abuse i was getting at home did not help much. I will admit that i had thoughts of watching these bullies get their deserved "comeupins",,those thoughts even went so far as to visualize scenarios of them being killed. yes i will admit that i had those thoughts back then as a child.

However we all do have a choice when it comes to this type of behavior,,you can either burden yourself with these experiences and think of them as "crosses to bear" or you can use those experiences as "tools of strength" and by tools of strength i mean that you realize that these bullies are people with lower self esteem than you and you realize that it is wrong and that it would be wrong of you to retaliate in the manner that they treat you. However this is not taught these days,,,instead you have parents who will advise thier kids to "stand up for themselves" and not teach them how they should do that in a positive manner.
    of course this is not apparent in all walks of life,,but we have seen time and time again our youth being stressed out to the point where they snap(columbine high,,paducah Kentucky,,the indian reservation,,and there are many others)

in this instance i feel like maybe there WAS a racial thing going on even though people are denying things right now( i guess we will know more once this goes to trial) you have one boy teasing another boy for "losing a game" and i can imagine some of the insults thrown in both directions,,with the kid and the bat allowing those insults to get to him where all he then sees is red and he gets out the bat and pops him a good one,,killing him.

i would think that nowadays kids who feel like they are so important and high and mighty and who tease others who may be "weaker" in their eyes would get the message that they ought not to do that,,lest they be the victim of their own circumstance. Im sorry to have to put it this way but there are kids out there who are stressed out enough as it is trying to be somebody in this life and society and what they dont need is some a$$hole kid getting up in their face. ESPECIALLY in kids sports event s where instead of them being taught to "have fun" they are taught that they "have to WIN WIN WIN" and if they dont win they are "LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS". I think that maybe some of these coaches need to pull thier heads out of their jock a$$es and stop being drill sargents to these kids.

i feel for the victims family and i also feel for the kid who Killed. Nothing can really justify what happened. but we CAN seek to really understand WHY the situation happened like it did and try to prevent that from happening by using kind words and setting good examples.
    I wonder if Mr Bush in his "wisdom" who wants children to learn how to read would also want them to read with a positive mind and in a safe school atmosphere?
    You know back in junior high and High school we all thought that Guidance counselors were useless as the t!ts on a boar hog. Now maybe we need something a little more than a "guidance counselor" but an actual "COUNSELOR". one who instead of talks about what college they want to go to,,that they talk about "whats bothering them".

thats my say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PEACE,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Interesting issue. I feel sorry for the kid that died (obviously anyone would). Curious that there were no parents close enough to stop the incident after it had started. The kid cut in line and then started making fun of the other kid? Obviously that doesn't warrant killing him, but it seems that this fact would have caught the attention of some onlookers, eh?

I think his anger got the best of him and before he really realized what had happened, it was over.

I was in a similar situation in about eighth grade. A kid made fun of something, I got PO'ed and put him in a head lock (like I had seen on TV, by the way). As I was talking back to him I kept a tight grip. only a few seconds later I let him go and he fell of his stool and his eyes rolled back in his head as he hit the concrete floor. I was terrified, he was unconscious. He ended up in the hospital and I was suspended. I was lucky enough to learn a lesson without any legal issues.
    Last edited by Anjentao; 04-14-2005 at 10:10 PM. Reason: bad word-oops...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog
    Manslaughter is the death of a human being as a result of an unlawful act not constituting a felony. Assault with a baseball bat constitutes a felony, so it's third degree murder, not manslaughter.
    If you cause an accident and someone dies, it can go either way (manslauter of murder 3) If a bat is a weapon, so is a car...

I hope JP responds to this thread. I'd be interested in some real legal oppinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Is there such a thing as an illegal opinion?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Yup. Tha's what the criminal yelled at the cop just before getting arrested for disorderly conduct, assaulting an officer, ect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

I would have thought an illegal opinion would be one that is either liberal, communist, or terrorist
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    its hard to say what happened for sure uneless more details come out, but it sounds like it was an accident. it says he hit him in the knees and then in the head. if he hit him in the head once, and only once, i think its obvious he didnt want to kill the other kid no matter how bad he wanted to hurt him.

and this brings up a terrible delima for the parents. its easy for me to sit back and think i hope the kid doesnt pay his entire life for a mistake no matter how terrible, but if it were my kid that were dead i doubt id be saying the same thing. if i were the parent of the dead kid and the attacker were 16 i'd probably kill him, but 13 is right at that line which makes it even worse.

terrible situation.

Interesting. Well let' shope the 15 year olds second chance at a life....oh yeah, never mind.

Knees then the head.... sounds like he knew how to use the bat. I guess he was a trained killer and we should take the ball bats away from all the kids.(note the sarcasm)

Seriously though, somebodies parents failed somewhere, or maybe the doctors had prescribed an upper instead of a downer for the kid's ADD. Who knows, what is known is that a terrible thing happened and that needs to be examined. MA instructors should take heart to this and make sure their younger students understand control and restraint. Maybe if this 13 year old was under the instruction of a good Sifu it wouldn't have happened either.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Seriously though, somebodies parents failed somewhere, or maybe the doctors had prescribed an upper instead of a downer for the kid's ADD.
    oh I'm sure we can find something else other then this kid to take the blame for his actions. Heck, that's what americans are good at!

A vote for Murder 2 here.

Cure the headache by cutting off the head,,,thats real good guys

How about instead of some pre-programmed responses concerning "legal matters" you actually lend some opinions and thoughts about Why this kid did what he did? sure we can speculate but thats all part of the process. Who really gives a cr@p about the "legalities" of things. He is going to get swept up in the judicial system thats a given.

Peace,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

if you're saying we should open him up and run experiments on him to figure out what makes people like this tick, I'm all for it. Otherwise it's hard to say. Upbringing? outside influence? The dog made him do it? Who knows. We do know he killed a person, took that life away without a second thought and I don't want to live in the same society that he does. He's proven he's not made up for civilization as it stands now.

[QUOTE=Liokault]
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack
    Only a dumb a$$ thirteen-year old kid would think they could hit somebody in the head with a bat and not kill them. Good thing for him the death penalty isn't available for juveniles. QUOTE]

Press here
    there isn't anymore death penalties for juveniles. US Supreme Court said no.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...sourceCode=RSS

"Analysis: High Court Strikes Down Death Penalty for Juveniles
    by Nina Totenberg

Morning Edition, March 2, 2005 · The Supreme Court has struck down state death penalty laws for 16- and 17-year-olds. In a 5-4 decision, the high court found putting juveniles to death to be cruel and unusual. The minority opinion voiced concerns that the majority was bowing to foreign courts and legislators."

"Knees, then Head."

Couple of possibilites here.

1. He hit the knee inadvertently while raising the bat to bust the kid in the head.

2. He hit the knee to prep for the head strike.

If 1, it's possible he reacted violently with the intent to "shut the kid up," as opposed to wishing him to be injured or dead.

If 2, he intended to do this kid real physical harm with a weapon he knew how to use.

In either case, he caused the death of a child. Being a child himself does not mean we can keep him from being punished for the rest of his life. He should. He should suffer for it. And more than waking up every day knowing someone's dead because of something he did back when.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

To back myself up; I'm a Reserve Police Officer (hopefully full-time soon).
    That's not much for backup. My buddies are police reservists working for towards their careers in actual law enforcement and they still got a long way to go.