Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13 yr old kid whacks another kid with baseballbat: on trial for murder

I get the leathal force part. The car senario was ment to draw your focus to the fact that driving irrisponceably and acting irrisponably are the same thing. ramming your car into someone else's because you wanted to get around someone else driving too slow for your personal preferance is and killing them is usually manslauter. That is no different that bashing a bat into someone's face after they deliberatly antaginize you.

Don't get me wrong- the kid is at fault. He is definanly old enough to know that is not acceptable behavior, even if his parents don't teach it, or act that way, at home. I was just thinking that charging a 13 year-old kid with murder, then letting a supposed adult off with mere manslauter for very similar crimes is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    Interesting. Well let' shope the 15 year olds second chance at a life....oh yeah, never mind.
    i know dude. but we didnt see it go down. we didnt see how hard he swung or how many times he swung.

there is no fine line between smackin the kid upside the head with a bat and leaving not much more than a bruise yet killing the kid in a freak "accident" and bashing the kids head into a bloody mess.

i'm just not sure that the punishment for both should be the same.
    where's my beer?

In my opinion the fine line is not drawn at the amount of damage at contact, it's drawn when the kid decided to swing the baseball bat at another human being. Past that point at it's only a matter of getting some jail time for hurting someone maliciously or getting the chair for killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    In my opinion the fine line is not drawn at the amount of damage at contact, it's drawn when the kid decided to swing the baseball bat at another human being. Past that point at it's only a matter of getting some jail time for hurting someone maliciously or getting the chair for killing someone.

Yep, swinging the bat is the line. Before that he was your average Joe, after that it's a matter of JV Detention(for that wonderful light tap that just knocked kid out) and San Quinten.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman