Thread: Video - Randy Couture versus Chuck Liddell 1

Video - Randy Couture versus Chuck Liddell 1

Last edited by truewrestler; 04-16-2005 at 12:42 AM.

thanks for the clip
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Liddell looked tired during almost that entire match. It just seemed like he didn't have it in him, constantly backing up and clinching, at the end it seemed like he just wasn't trying to get out.

Even looking tired for the whole match, Chuck was able to get up from under Randy several times (better than Tito or Vitor were able to do) and put Randy on his back at the end of the first round, which no one else has done to Randy at LHW, and only three people have done at all (Barnett, Rodriguez, and Randleman).

I think Randy's still favored to win the fight, but Chuck definitely has a shot.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

yeah, Liddell definitely has a shot but if I were a betting man I'd go with Randy. A couple months ago it was revealed that Chuck is working on his grappling quite a bit (with Eddie Bravo if you know who he is). I don't know how much that will help but I doubt it can hurt as long as he doesn't change anything else in his game (like settling for guard instead of fighting to get back up).
    Last edited by truewrestler; 04-15-2005 at 02:36 PM.