Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Internal Aspects of Wing Chun

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    Had to look up kilocalorie workout, still none the wiser lol
    Kilocalorie is usually about an hour straight of hard boxing for a male. The more obscure "internal training" is considered secretive because it can cause strokes or nerve damage, so the student has to be known to have the discipline. Something like caffine, or even certain levels of sodium or sugars could be dangerous. Ironically, if everybody is going out for Chinese food, the student has got to be able to say No Thanks...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Kilocalorie is usually about an hour straight of hard boxing for a male. The more obscure "internal training" is considered secretive because it can cause strokes or nerve damage, so the student has to be known to have the discipline. Something like caffine, or even certain levels of sodium or sugars could be dangerous. Ironically, if everybody is going out for Chinese food, the student has got to be able to say No Thanks...
    thanks

    would you say the internal stuff is worth the danger?

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    thanks

    would you say the internal stuff is worth the danger?
    Yeah, I'm in better shape than I ever was when I was young, but the trade-offs are different for everyone. Even for dietary restrictions, if you are married then your spouse has to all in. And if you all are up for even bigger trade-offs read the following:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Yeah, I'm in better shape than I ever was when I was young, but the trade-offs are different for everyone. Even for dietary restrictions, if you are married then your spouse has to all in. And if you all are up for even bigger trade-offs read the following:
    It was hard to read, but got there in the end

    I read a book about immortality, can't remember the name at the moment, but it was along the same lines as above.

    Ive read a few things on internal elixir in the past, is your training the circulation of energy round the du mai and ren mai meridians and the reversing of it?

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post

    Ive read a few things on internal elixir in the past, is your training the circulation of energy round the du mai and ren mai meridians and the reversing of it?
    Oh no, I don't mess with that. Pretty much the only reversing I do is reverse breathing, which is not as dangerous.

    So, since I now have the captive-audience of a Wing Chun expert, would you be so kind to let me know what you think of the following YouTube channel? I've been wondering about this for over a year. Are they any good? Do you recognize whose style they are derived from? Those Wing Chun Bots seem to be coming from somewhere North of London, but David, the young Nigerian who is posting them cannot tell me much:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6M...qAaMpmF8wj012A

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Oh no, I don't mess with that. Pretty much the only reversing I do is reverse breathing, which is not as dangerous.

    So, since I now have the captive-audience of a Wing Chun expert, would you be so kind to let me know what you think of the following YouTube channel? I've been wondering about this for over a year. Are they any good? Do you recognize whose style they are derived from? Those Wing Chun Bots seem to be coming from somewhere North of London, but David, the young Nigerian who is posting them cannot tell me much:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6M...qAaMpmF8wj012A
    Ha Ha, Don't where you get the "expert" from, I only know what I know.

    Not sure, what family it's from, but from the 2 videos I watched and the description on one of them, it's different from what I do/know... it's hard to say if it's any good, a few things that I wouldn't do in there, but since it looks like it's just to get a complete beginner familiar with a technique, it's ok I guess... but only if you are completely uneducated in wing chun, and never plan on going to learn would it be useful to watch...

    Hope that was helpful in some way lol

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    Ha Ha, Don't where you get the "expert" from, I only know what I know.

    Not sure, what family it's from, but from the 2 videos I watched and the description on one of them, it's different from what I do/know... it's hard to say if it's any good, a few things that I wouldn't do in there, but since it looks like it's just to get a complete beginner familiar with a technique, it's ok I guess... but only if you are completely uneducated in wing chun, and never plan on going to learn would it be useful to watch...

    Hope that was helpful in some way lol
    Thanks, that was helpful and a very diplomatic way of putting it. Looks like its probably students of that Master Wong with 2.77M subscribers on YouTube. Never have seen his first name, even on his book, that is, unless its Master. I'm amazed how he has so many followers when there's so many guys called Master Wong out there...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Never have seen his first name, even on his book, that is, unless its Master.
    HaHa
    That made me laugh.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Posts
    2,214

    Wing Chun Internal? Perhaps Define Internal EMJ

    246.8 lbs days ago


    My comprehension, Wing Chun pivots and leans into a block. Evasion and deflection instead of blocks and pressure the opponent with force, this might be called Soft. This is why some Crane styles might be thought of as internal, Also Snake styles [Note in five Animals of Shao-Lin, where each represents an aspect of the human--Bones (ligaments?, tendons), Power, Spirit, Breath, Sperm/Libido (I don't write'em). I might have read Snake characteristic to be Breath (which is associated with Internal). With Kung-Fu dumbed-down to Soft and Hard and some Soft styles or Soft styles or styles with enough focus on Soft...that style might be counted by some as Internal.-Ernie Moore Jr.

    I'm considering that one cannot mimic the moves of Wing Chun without moving the center and reducing the use of Strength and still be actually doing Wing Chun--these plus how you blend into attack from defense might require or :-) inspire breathing technique. I can see Wing Chun in a bridge being Snake. To connect-as a Crane.-Ernie More Jr.


    I No_Know
    There are four lights... impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    I'm considering that one cannot mimic the moves of Wing Chun without moving the center and reducing the use of Strength and still be actually doing Wing Chun--these plus how you blend into attack from defense might require or :-) inspire breathing technique. I can see Wing Chun in a bridge being Snake. To connect-as a Crane.-Ernie More Jr.
    What a tune-in, I just stumbled across The Complete Wing Chun book a few minutes ago for $5 in a used book store. Was skimming it and noticed that not only are the usual crane and snake attributed to influencing its development but also tiger, eagle-claw and mantis, but the only overlap I've noticed before is with snake...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •