Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favourite kung-fu flick?

Question favourite kung-fu flick?

i just wanted to know what is your all time favourite kung-fu flick and why.

i have chosen 'dynamite trio' as my top one because the fighting is long and amazing. i also really like the characters, especially lung fei who is so bad, he fights with one hand. the final scene is a real treat.

so, let me know what is your number one movie along with the characters in it.

This is tought to answer.

Yuan He Ping 袁和平 is the MA director behind many Hongkong and China CMA movies and TV series.

The legend of Marshland or Shui Hu Zhuang by China TV corp.

Each character has its own style of Kung Fu.

My favorite is Wu Song's drunkard boxing and Lin Chong's long spear.

You have to go to the bookstore in China town to get it.

DVD is better.

The other character has Shuai Jiao-- on and on.

Actually I am biased. Because I like the story in the first place.

There are so many characters with different styles in one package or in the story.

I'm not going old school or anything, however I think it's a pretty easy choice for me.

Jet Li's Fist of Legend.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Fist of Legend

Intelligent remake of a classic story. The best fight scenes. Good cinematography. Good character development. Good reflection of cultural and martial values of the period.

Get the one with the original soundtrack and english subtitles. The goofy english dubs sound like crap and are missing some scenes. I got got a DVD with original soundtrack from Amazon France. It's PAL not NTSC, but you can rip it to DiVX or something.

N.
    Last edited by -N-; 04-16-2005 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    This is tought to answer.

Yuan He Ping 袁和平 is the MA director behind many Hongkong and China CMA movies and TV series.

The legend of Marshland or Shui Hu Zhuang by China TV corp.

Each character has its own style of Kung Fu.

My favorite is Wu Song's drunkard boxing and Lin Chong's long spear.

You have to go to the bookstore in China town to get it.

DVD is better.

The other character has Shuai Jiao-- on and on.

Actually I am biased. Because I like the story in the first place.

There are so many characters with different styles in one package or in the story.

hey man does it come with english subtitles? cause i read the books and i liked it alot. it was ahrd for me to keep track of all 108. i like guan yus relative gaun sheng if im correct. and of course4 liu kai the axe man and all their funk names too. black whirlwind. http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...ection-videos/ this is it no? no english subtitles

for me jet li's fist of legend too would probably be it. the movie is nice and has awesome kung fu in it.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 04-16-2005 at 08:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Fist of Legend
    The Heroic Trio with Michelle Yeoh
    and of course Jet Li's The One. I know what you'all are going to say, but I just love that movie.
    Do you have the patience to wait
    till your mud settles and the water is clear?
    Can you remain unmoving
    till the right action arises by itself?

What's my name?

Kid with the Golden Arm!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thisdestiny19
    i just wanted to know what is your all time favourite kung-fu flick and why.
    Three way tie between: The Legend 1 (Legend of Fong Sai Yuk), Twin Warriors (Tai Chi Master) and Kung Fu Hustle.

Right now Kung Fu Hustle is probably #1 because I have seen it fewer times than the two Jet Li offerings.

Unleashed might change the rankings though... I can't wait but I can't find it online either.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Exclamation kung-fu hustle???

a few guys were telling me to watch kung-fu hustle because it was really good but when i watched it i was not that impressed. the story was not great and eventhough there were some pretty good moves in the fight scenes but it had too much cgi.

i prefer it when the kung-fu is all real because it makes you really appreciate what the human body is capable of (with a loooooooooooot of training)

ps check out big rascal by the shaw brothers. chi kwan chun is incredibly fast in that.

Iron Monkey with Donnie Yen. Freakin' awesome!!!
    (The subtitled version, avoid the dubbed stuff).
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by thisdestiny19
    a few guys were telling me to watch kung-fu hustle because it was really good but when i watched it i was not that impressed. the story was not great and eventhough there were some pretty good moves in the fight scenes but it had too much cgi.
    Come on, black comedy kung fu movies are just **** rare.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

"Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin" (Jacky chan)
    " Fist of Legend" of course.
    "Circle of Iron aka The Silent Flute"
    "Drunken Master 1&2" Jacky chan
    "Shaolin Wooden men" Jacky chan
    "Spiritual Kung fu" Jacky Chan
    "Enter the Dragon" Bruce lee
    "Lone Wolf and cub"(series) its japanese stuff i know but still martial arts.
    "36 crazy fists" produced and directed by jacky chan
    "36 chambers" gordon liu.

Those are my top 10 favs. I really do like all the old jacky chan films,,very well choreographed and corny yes at times but still great sequences and weapons fighting.

Peace,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    "Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin" (Jacky chan)
    " Fist of Legend" of course.
    "Drunken Master 1&2" Jacky chan
    "Shaolin Wooden men" Jacky chan
    "Spiritual Kung fu" Jacky Chan
    "Enter the Dragon" Bruce lee
    lol, I have those. Good flicks. I got alot of the Jacky Chan ones out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Great deal.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Shaolinlueb;

Here is the link to the DVD.

Water Margin

There are 43 sets.

The film was shot at 23 cities in China.

The story is one of my all time favorite.

It is number 2 top sales at the site. The number one sale is about Emperor Kang Xi of Qing or the first emperor of Qing. That one is about history and not so much CMA. Which means Shui Hu is the number one CMA DVD in sale in North America among Chinese literary. Which means I am not alone in favorite of the story and DVD.

Last edited by SPJ; 04-16-2005 at 06:00 PM.