17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, go for it

7 41.18%
  • No, your gonna get sick and die

10 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: raw eggs

raw eggs

how good or bad is raw eggs for you if u r working out and want to gain a little bulk?

I wouldn't say that raw are are good for you at all. And in some cases can be very very bad for you.

If you want to bulk up then you need to increase calories. you just have to make sure that they are clean calories.

For example:
    Bad way to bulk up: "I'm trying to bulk up so I'm eating all of my meals at McDonalds"

Good way to bulk up: "I'm trying to bulk up so I've boosted the intesity of my workouts, and I've increased my intake of clean calories like fruit and veggies, salads, lean meats and meal replacement shakes."
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Raw eggs, yummie!
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Eggs are a great source of protein. Be aware of the overal fat content. I eat them raw all the time, and cooked too. No problem.
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

I don't worry much about the fat content. My fat levels are extremely low, as I'm an exomorphic rake who eats mostly veggies and fish, so I can pretty much get away with (and probably need) fats from eggs, cheese etc (in moderation).

As for SARS/salmonella, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Er, except having your spine broken or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    as I'm an exomorphic rake
    I think you mean ectomorphic. Unless your body mass really is on the outside.

Ew!

I eat them raw occasionally, although the nutritional value is probably higher when cooked ( http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content...ct/128/10/1716 )

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lung
    I think you mean ectomorphic. Unless your body mass really is on the outside.

Ew!
    Makes it easier to watch my diet!

LOL, yeah and that from an English teacher too...

Raw eggs are a risk, like eating raw chicken in my book. Nothing wrong with cooking them up. I eat a couple of eggs each day, usally 3-4 egg whites and one yolk. I'll scramble em or boil em.

Any one else getting spooky mental images from this thresd?

Any who. Raw eggs are o.k. by me. Especially when mixed with milk, sugar, nutmeg, and a little bit of Irish cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Raw eggs are fine here in Oz. But it's cheaper (per mass of protein) to buy protein powder.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Here in the states most chicken farmers put scat in the feed to increase proteen. Problem is this concentrates salmonella in the bird and the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    Raw eggs are fine here in Oz. But it's cheaper (per mass of protein) to buy protein powder.
    But eggs are a natural wholefood, not a processed powder like protein powder. I'm not saying this is why I eat raw eggs necessarily, but a lot of people like to stick as much as possible to natural wholefood.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM.
    Here in the states most chicken farmers put scat in the feed to increase proteen. Problem is this concentrates salmonella in the bird and the eggs.
    Scat? As in sh!t? Or does scat mean something else over there? And how does that increase protein in the food?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lung
    But eggs are a natural wholefood, not a processed powder like protein powder.
    Sure. OTOH there's the whole egg yolk/cholesterol thing. Problem is, that argument seems to change every few years and I'm not sure what the current research indicates. Yeah, I like eggs. I even used to buy 1L cartons of egg whites from Coles before I got onto the protein powder. But fuck me, that shit was nasty. Not all nice and clear and consistent, but lumpy with large egg-sized globs of opaque stuff. I was often on the verge of throwing up while trying to drink a shake with that stuff in it.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo