Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: happy b-day np

Actually Xebs, by getting into the car and letting your friend drive drunk you have agreed to kill. What you're saying is that you're ok with the risk that you might kill someone. Instead of atleast shouldering the responsibility and commiting to you it, you're ok with it, but hoping it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    It is a controled chance. Drive drunk there is a % chance you will kill, dont drive drunk 0% chance you will kill due to drunk driving.

but we are ruining NP's b-day thread, we may want to start a new one if we wish to continue this debate.
    i disagree that there is 0% chance of killing by sober people. sober people crash too.

i agree we did ruin NPs thread, i mentioned it before i think
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

ya, i said 0% chance of killing due to drunk driving.

its the "due to drunk driving" stipulation. I am anal.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

i disagree that there is 0% chance of killing by sober people. sober people crash too.
    he said there was a 0% chance of killing someone DUE TO drunk driving.

I wonder if NP will read this. I hope he gets a kick outa it. Hell we already ruined his thread. Kinda like how drunk drivers who crash ruin lifes.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    Actually Xebs, by getting into the car and letting your friend drive drunk you have agreed to kill. What you're saying is that you're ok with the risk that you might kill someone. Instead of atleast shouldering the responsibility and commiting to you it, you're ok with it, but hoping it doesn't happen.
    When a patient goes to a lypo-suction operation, even with all the precautions and care being taken the doctor has to be ok with the risk of killing the patient. He hopes the patient wont die from any possible complications of the surgery or the anestesy.
    Even if the patient signed some paper taking resposability, the doctor and/or his crew still get in trouble.
    And that lypo wasnt really necessary, or was it?
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

Quote Originally Posted by BibitClerus
    When a patient goes to a lypo-suction operation, even with all the precautions and care being taken the doctor has to be ok with the risk of killing the patient. He hopes the patient wont die from any possible complications of the surgery or the anestesy.
    Even if the patient signed some paper taking resposability, the doctor and/or his crew still get in trouble.
    And that lypo wasnt really necessary, or was it?
    The difference is the patient takes the risk upon themselves. I don't care what you do to yourself as long as it doesn't affect other people adversely and unnecessarily. the doctor and the patient get to sit down and discuss the risks and go from there.

Getting in a vehicle drunk means you risk OTHER people's lives, not just your own. If they had some sort of armored drunk driving lane so all you idiots could kill each other without people like me having to worry about it I'd say have at it. Unfortunately the roads you drive are public and so you risk taking the lives of people and taking their choice from them.

ok,
    i am an evil person then
    may the fires burning eat my flesh and and may the sulfur smell consume my nostrils and lungs in hell
    Bye, peeps

now dont you feel better sinse you have admitted that.

it only gets easier from here buddy. you took the first step. I can give you a sobriety badge soon, just hang in there.

dang did we force our beliefs on you or what. I feel powerful.

j/k
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

sobriety badge

sweet, soon i will be walking old ladies through the street
    Bye, peeps

lol, there ya go sport.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

I've had my experiences...

lets just say, I hate that ****, my girlfriend just lost her grandmother to an itoxicated driver....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Im sorry for the loss man...
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

dude i know where your coming from and there's no real argument. you figure its 3 in the friggen morning, your buddy doesnt speed, he doesn't drive if he can't walk to the car so there's not much real risk. i always hated drunk driving, but found myself occasionally pushing it when it came down to getting my car home when i had something to do the next day. and i figured the same.

then one night i hit a house. im still not entirely sure what happened. i was fine the entire drive home ... i really wasn't even that drunk. hell i had a cop behind me half the way and wasn't even worried though i knew i would have failed a brethalizer pretty badly. i remember going over the bridge and then i remember being way too close to the steps of a small business near my house. my buddy says i took the turn down my street about 20 yards too late and drove straight into the steps of the building like i was trying to do it. i didn't hit my head or anything i just dont know what happened. my buddy was smart enough not to bother wearing his seatbelt so he had a headach for about 2 weeks but was fine otherwise.

now when its all summed up it sounds like a pretty lame story and i couldnt be more thankful. no one was hurt, the property damage was very minimal (broke their wooden railing and i took care of it immediatley), due to very lucky circumstances and quick thinking i didnt get into any trouble, and i managed to get the car home even though it was useless afterwards. but it woke me up not to what can happen but to what does happen. sure there arent any kids out at 2 in the morning that i could have hit. except for the one being driven to the er with a 104 degree fever. or at 30 miles an hour i could have killed a father of four just by delaying his arrival to the hospital with a heartattack or allergic reaction to medicine or whatever. the **** really happens even if your careful and not just because your in the wrong place at the wrong time.

and people can show you their stump from their stories and its not going to make a difference. you just nod and think how bad it must suck to be everybody else until you have a story of your own. i just hope your story doesn't involve a stump or worse one day.
    where's my beer?