Thread: well, i guess here is my blog...

well, i guess here is my blog...

sunday - internal class. stretch for one hour, practice internal form and application

monday - rest light work out 100 push ups 200 crunches

tuesday - rest, forms stretching, maybe some light leg work outs, and stance training depeding on how I feel.

wednesday - class:

-stretched, for about 45 min, did some yoga stretching
    -work out, crawled across courtyard on hands dragging the body behind us (tore up my shoes on the concrete), wheel barrel walked up stairs w/ someone holding your legs, once at the top of the stairs both people crab walk down the stairs keeping your ass from touching the ground, then you switched partners and went back up again and back down again, 500 or so crunches, duck walked across the courtyard, did 30 sec hand stands against the wall 2 sets, 200 push ups

-class worked on kicking, hinge kicks and piston kicks. sweeping and kicking drill with partner.

-sparring, one on one, then two on one

Thursday - took a break, played pool and drank beer, pints of bass for 2.50 mmmmmmm

Friday - wing chun/taiji class - forms, weapons, chi sao, light sparring, theory and application

saturday- wing chun/taiji class same as friday

thats my week pretty much, wednesday is my killer day, and thursday is my recovery day. So far after my new class i am cross training in, I feel better now after the work outs. My recovery time is way less now, i recover faster. I did increase my potasium in my diet, which IMO, did actually help quite a bit with the muscle recovery.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

this week it was:

Monday - light work out and stretching 100 or so push ups 200 or so crunches

tuesday - training forms, stretching, relaxing

wednesday- 200 push ups, duck walks, bear crawls, hand stands, crab walks, 600+ ab exersices.

-form work, sparring, 2 man drills

thursday - relax, stretch, watch tv, relax, relax, do a bit of form work

friday- wing chun/taiji class - forms, chi sao, sparring, 2 man drills, take downs, chin na, etc

saturday - seminar put on by my teachers bro, who is a recon marine, lots of stretching on day 1. Warmed up doing combat calestenics. 10 push ups, then jump to your feet keeping your guard up, repeat 15x. Did tons of marine based calestenics, like swimming marine, presses, press ups, crunches, reaching crunches, diamond push ups, I can't even remember all of them or how many exactly we did. All I know is I almost puked three different times.

combat - worked the striking, and the take down. Once in the take down worked the high mount and the guard position, and how to get out of each. worked key locks, arm bars, sweeps, triangle chokes, joint locks, rolling into the choke, escapes, oompahs (sp?), breaking out of the guard, dominating position, so on and so forth.

Sunday - Seminar day 2 - Worked out, this time it was less hard, maybe 150ish push ups, except 100 of them were diamond push ups, 100 crunches, each set of 10 standing up from the ground keeping our guard up. Reviewed saturdays ground fighting and learned some survival techniques, like making turnicates (sp?) and tying knots to help carry unconsouis people. Then we did combat. Each split off into two groups each group had about 10 people in it. One person is in the middle of the ring (you make a circle around one person), they then get beat on by every person surrounding them 1 at a time for 30 seconds each. Then the next person goes in and it continues until everyone has been in the middle and fought everyone. When you are in the middle you cannot fight back, you can only maintain and counter or tap out. Its all ground fighting btw, incase anyone gets confused. So I we got to try all of our newly learned ground fighting techniques on a resisting opponet who couldn't fight back, they could only resist and counter. They could never take the offensive.

After sunday I went home and drank a gallon of water and laid on the couch the rest of the day occasionally asking people to bring me a beer I was freaking exhausted.

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

my weeks usually look like that with variation of some work outs they work in and out during the different classes. Sometimes we do the same thing for 3 weeks in a row, and other times we do it differently. The only thing really different this week was the seminar I went too, which was actually harder than normal class.

-Yip Man