Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
Tai Chi will not stop death from cancer. It may give them something to focus on other than death and improve the quality of time they have left. Quality of life is important and some excercise is better than none.
Exactly -- at this stage, that's the most important thing.

My sister-in-law's mom was a very unpleasant person in a lot of respects ... having advanced emphysema and throat cancer amplified her bad attitude. She knew I practiced Tai Chi though, and asked me to find a class for her. So I drove her to the local senior center twice a week for group lessons, for a few months. She barely learned any arm movements, never learned the footwork because she was too weak to stand up. Plus her oxygen tank got in the way. The instructor had her focus on breathing, mostly. But she looked forward to it -- she had social interaction with the group, plus a bit of exercise. If she had a mood other than "bad" (something closer to "meh"), it was during this period.

Didn't save her life, though. Emphysema & cancer in a 72 year old is pretty much unstoppable. But, she didn't ask for tai chi to save her life, she just wanted to improve what she had.

At any rate, good on ya, Judge Pen.