Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EXCUSES & BS

EXCUSES & BS

Hello I am new to this forum and am very saddened by some of the things I have heard and read, I have just started training in Wing Chun and never heard such BS in my life the childish bickering back and forth about who's Wing Chun is better even amongst the people I train with. I hold a black belt in Brazzilian Jujitsu and we would never go around reapeating that I am learning the greatest system on earth but will not prove it. I have found that in Brazzilian we have open door to anyone that would like to challenge us not to prove we are the best but to grow and change things to make us better fighters we welcome defeat to make our system stronger. I am finding the opposite with wing chun it's almost like they are scared to lose because it will damage wing chuns rep What rep? I had someone tell me well my Grandmaster back in 1950 fought a boat full of sailors with knifes 12 men with knifes give me a break! what about now! The only person that could do that is Steven Segal. Or this one our system is too dangerous to full contact,
    this kind of talk will only hurt this system. I have researched the web and can find very little if any Wing Chun fighters. Wing Chun is getting a bad rep because of all this BS. If I just did drills and theroy in jujitsu and never put it to the test I would not been able to use it successfully, I feel that most of these Wing Chun schools are creating paper Dragons false sence of security, I don't mean to come off harsh
    or rude but this is sad.

What's your name and who did you train with to earn your BB in BJJ? The only thing worse than folks that don't practice (i.e., fight) WCK and talk about their "skills" are those folks that make up credentials in good fighting methods like BJJ to try to impress people.

Talking

Did Knifefighter die and reincarnate as MESHEW?

More importantly, I have a hard time believing a BB in BJJ would say anything very positive about Steven Segal.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Perhaps he is referring to the Steven Seagal of "movie fame" who clotheslines entire gangs of voodoo-crazed hoodlums into submission? You know, in the fictitious sense...

p.s. Since you are new to this forums, you need to accept the fact that the majority of content you read will be the biased bluster and hot air of fanatics who cannot see any further than their limited experience. Yet, thats how we like it... after all, discord keeps the boards thriving.
    Last edited by Losttrak; 04-28-2005 at 02:05 PM.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MESHEW
    Hello I am new to this forum and am very saddened by some of the things I have heard and read, I have just started training in Wing Chun and never heard such BS in my life the childish bickering back and forth about who's Wing Chun is better even amongst the people I train with. I hold a black belt in Brazzilian Jujitsu and we would never go around reapeating that I am learning the greatest system on earth but will not prove it. I have found that in Brazzilian we have open door to anyone that would like to challenge us not to prove we are the best but to grow and change things to make us better fighters we welcome defeat to make our system stronger. I am finding the opposite with wing chun it's almost like they are scared to lose because it will damage wing chuns rep What rep? I had someone tell me well my Grandmaster back in 1950 fought a boat full of sailors with knifes 12 men with knifes give me a break! what about now! The only person that could do that is Steven Segal. Or this one our system is too dangerous to full contact,
    this kind of talk will only hurt this system. I have researched the web and can find very little if any Wing Chun fighters. Wing Chun is getting a bad rep because of all this BS.

If I just did drills and theroy in jujitsu and never put it to the test I would not been able to use it successfully, I feel that most of these Wing Chun schools are creating paper Dragons false sence of security, I don't mean to come off harsh
    or rude but this is sad.

you certainly have a wrong glasses today.
    Try a different pair and focus in a proper place.
    life will be much better and make you forgot that you are sitting in a toilet and what is in the toilet ------ A toilet sell rep.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff
    What's your name and who did you train with to earn your BB in BJJ? The only thing worse than folks that don't practice (i.e., fight) WCK and talk about their "skills" are those folks that make up credentials in good fighting methods like BJJ to try to impress people.
    I personally don't think we should respond to posters that don't honestly fill out their profile and introduce themselves using their real names. Hopefully this person will properly introduce himself. Since he mentioned the BJJ open door policy he should be able to name his instructors in BJJ and Wing Chun.
    PR
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 04-28-2005 at 03:34 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

this kind of talk will only hurt this system. I have researched the web and can find very little if any Wing Chun fighters. Wing Chun is getting a bad rep because of all this BS. If I just did drills and theroy in jujitsu and never put it to the test I would not been able to use it successfully, I feel that most of these Wing Chun schools are creating paper Dragons false sence of security, I don't mean to come off harsh
    or rude but this is sad.
    D*mn IT !!!!!!!! your on to us !

quick protect the rice bowl AAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff
    Well I guess you guys took it all the wrong way and now are playing switch master putting the focus on me, If I offended anyone I am sorry just stating facts Like Victor say the truth does hurt, Well my name is Anthony i have trained with the Royler Gracie- David adiv Jui-jitsu team somerset Hills YMCA In basking ridge NJ
    for 7 years also trained under Carlos Catania, Rillion Gracie, Frank Ferris at the Bushido Dojo in Nevada. and in lansing Mi The pump house community center east lansing mi Under Jeff Kolman and Tom tomlinson. I do not know why I have struck so many nerves with these statments I have made just was being real and putting it out there looking for solutions to things like I stated. Again I apologize if I offended anyone these things I did not make up these are things I have seen and have been told.

I do not know why I have struck so many nerves with these statments

Spelling 'Brazilian' wrong was probably a start. What's your last name, Anthony? And was your black belt from Royler? If so, pretty awesome.

Rene Ritchie

Well, Anthony...I have some more facts for you.

One of my top students in Wing Chun (I've been teaching here in NYC for 20 years now)...he moved to Basking Ridge, NJ a few years ago...and only makes it to my classes here in Brooklyn only occasionally now. (There was a time when he was coming to my school 3-4 days a week...every week).

And guess what?

He's been studying Brazilian jiu jitsu out there (near his home) for a few years now. His name is Brett.

I've got to ask him about you.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 04-28-2005 at 09:07 PM.

Talking

****, MP you crack me up!!
    - The essence of Kungfu is to accept change...

I do not know why I have struck so many nerves with these statments I have made
    Because it is the Wing Chun forum you silly.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Well I guess you guys took it all the wrong way and now are playing switch master putting the focus on me, If I offended anyone I am sorry just stating facts Like Victor say the truth does hurt, Well my name is Anthony i have trained with the Royler Gracie- David adiv Jui-jitsu team somerset Hills YMCA In basking ridge NJ
    for 7 years also trained under Carlos Catania, Rillion Gracie, Frank Ferris at the Bushido Dojo in Nevada. and in lansing Mi The pump house community center east lansing mi Under Jeff Kolman and Tom tomlinson. I do not know why I have struck so many nerves with these statments I have made just was being real and putting it out there looking for solutions to things like I stated. Again I apologize if I offended anyone these things I did not make up these are things I have seen and have been told.
    I hope you don't mind if I politely ask who you have recently begun studying Wing Chun with?
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    I hope you don't mind if I politely ask who you have recently begun studying Wing Chun with?
    PR
    I have been training with Sifu Sheldon out of his basement, there are only five men and one women small group but pretty friendly, located in Tawas I believe He is from the IP Ching school, sometimes I feel they are more intrested in my BJJ and wanting to learn how to not go to the ground, but for the most part very intresting art, except all the garbage I have read on line about the system, but I do not listen to everything I will find out for myself then make my decision whether to pursue the system or not.