Hello I am new to this forum and am very saddened by some of the things I have heard and read, I have just started training in Wing Chun and never heard such BS in my life the childish bickering back and forth about who's Wing Chun is better even amongst the people I train with. I hold a black belt in Brazzilian Jujitsu and we would never go around reapeating that I am learning the greatest system on earth but will not prove it. I have found that in Brazzilian we have open door to anyone that would like to challenge us not to prove we are the best but to grow and change things to make us better fighters we welcome defeat to make our system stronger. I am finding the opposite with wing chun it's almost like they are scared to lose because it will damage wing chuns rep What rep? I had someone tell me well my Grandmaster back in 1950 fought a boat full of sailors with knifes 12 men with knifes give me a break! what about now! The only person that could do that is Steven Segal. Or this one our system is too dangerous to full contact,
this kind of talk will only hurt this system. I have researched the web and can find very little if any Wing Chun fighters. Wing Chun is getting a bad rep because of all this BS. If I just did drills and theroy in jujitsu and never put it to the test I would not been able to use it successfully, I feel that most of these Wing Chun schools are creating paper Dragons false sence of security, I don't mean to come off harsh
or rude but this is sad.