Thread: Interesting video

Interesting video

http://www.meihua.ee/video/fest_wtcf_estonia.wmv

It's probably gone around on the wingchun forum already but I thought some of it looked pretty good.

about 3:18 or so a guy goes in for a shoot, what do you think of the response?
    Last edited by red5angel; 04-29-2005 at 08:35 AM.

If a crazed martial arts demonstrator ever attacks these people, they will be fine.

Feel sorry for the poor b@stard who was assisting with the blindfold routine...
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

worst shoot ever

Smile Interesting clip...

I think the progressive thinking of this particular group is a model of example for Kung Fu camps to look at.

I really enjoy the first part where they go randomly with attacker in a circle. The girls with the multiple attackers scenario is also "pretty" interesting. But then would the third guy just sit there and watch in a real life situation? I think one thing that wasn't addressed here is what if the girls were bear hugged from behind or even from the front. Don't get me wrong I like it and I am sure there would be an answer somewhere but it's not clearly shown here. Other than that I can see the point to their training philiosophy which I would agree is refreshing in the Kung Fu community today.

BTW, personally I think the raised platform Chi Sao demo is a bit of an overkill. I understand it meant to be a demo of skill level but is rather tacky IMHO.

Anyway, over all it's a nice clip.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

It's a demo so it has to be taken with a grain of salt. I think these guys are atleast heading in the right direction and I'd be curious to see it applied outside of a demo environment.

worst shoot ever

cause the 3 weeks of mma training you have qualifies you to say that?

It's all right. Some of it looks quite well done... but they've got some seriously slippy shoes, and I'm highly doubtful of those super strength stop-kicks near the beginning sending people flying quite so far...

worst shoot ever
    Man, you (don't) wanna see mine...

thats a puter kapela with your knees.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108
    I think one thing that wasn't addressed here is what if the girls were bear hugged from behind

Mantis108
    You take your left foot, get it behind your attacker, straighten your arms out, and twist around with your waist to the left bringing your arm into there chin or neck

Cool link.

I like the set that the guy blindfolded was able to rely totally on splashing hands, sticking hands etc to gain entry to the head and neck with fists or elbows. So the sensing hands take the place of the eyes. The opponent's hands trapped and his door opened, a barage of punches (character Sun) and chops showers on, throws excuted around the neck joint and the head including holding on 2 ears.

The centerline theory is in place with the box that both stand on.

I think that they believe in the In Zone or all the fightings happen within that zone of the box as long as both fight face to face.

I do not like the repetitive punches on the temple or the nose once the other guy is down on the floor. A single punch would have knocked out the opponent.

Cool.

Last edited by SPJ; 04-30-2005 at 09:41 PM.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of self-defense demos...if I want to show something neat in a demo I'll do a form...if I wanted to show people how this stuff really works, I'd enter a competition...pretending to beat up your friends and/or students doesn't prove anything...

as for the shoot, the guy put his head down, which is a mistake, but one that I've made many times...but there's not much of an excuse for making that mistake in a prearranged demo, IMO...guy needs to get guillotined then he will stop that...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland