Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Train For A Street Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Good post ewallace, but I would add to this. I don't personally think about where to strike, because picking specific targets is begging to be lost in the initial adrenaline dump... strikes to most chosen targets are gonna come under fine motor skills, and they're gonna get lost in the first few seconds, and then furthermore you're gonna be panicking about a back up.
    I agree, and lemme clarify what I meant as I didn't 'splain it very well. When I mentioned targets and strikes, I am being very general. I decide whether I will punch or kick first, and whether it will be aimed at the upper or lower extremities. This is all based on the size and posture of the individual.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    LOL if you think animals don't have to learn to hunt. Lions have to learn strategy as well as how to kill a prey. LOL at what you said.
    Glad you're enjoying yourself. I like to spread a little happiness.

Now perhaps you'd like to explain where I said animals don't have to learn to hunt, and how it's relevant to the thread.

But BTW, lions don't learn strategy. You are anthropomorphising. Strategy is planning based on reasoning and logical deduction. Lions may instinctively have a rudimentary capability for strategisation based on behaviour patterns and they may even be able to pass this on to their young. This does not contradict what I said.

Cheers for the clarification ewallace. We're talking about the same thing.

Glad you're enjoying yourself. I like to spread a little happiness.

Now perhaps you'd like to explain where I said animals don't have to learn to hunt, and how it's relevant to the thread.

But BTW, lions don't learn strategy. You are anthropomorphising. Strategy is planning based on reasoning and logical deduction. Lions may instinctively have a rudimentary capability for strategisation based on behaviour patterns and they may even be able to pass this on to their young. This does not contradict what I said.
    Logical reasoning - lets see. If not A then B. At some stage a lion would figure to pounce a wilderbeast from the back not from the front (like where the horms are).

Learn? You can't "learn."

Prepare? Hell yes.

1) Knife, or multiple knives (or other sharp objects)

2) Gun. Any sort of gun helps

3) Martial Arts. This really helps too, I'm sure

4) Kung Fu bracers, especially for the Southern guys. A Sao Choy with a leather bracer with multiple metal points sticking out of it is going to kill someone

5) Be ready to turn into an absolute animal. By this I mean raking their face repeatedly, punching their throat repeatedly, jumping on them while they are down, slamming their head into cement, biting them in the throat, arms, nose, ears, lips, or any other place you can get to.

6) Don't focus on fighting; instead focus on the complete destruction of your opponent in the most brutal, nasty way imaginable.

That's all I have to say. . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    Learn? You can't "learn."

Prepare? Hell yes.

1) Knife, or multiple knives (or other sharp objects)

2) Gun. Any sort of gun helps

3) Martial Arts. This really helps too, I'm sure

4) Kung Fu bracers, especially for the Southern guys. A Sao Choy with a leather bracer with multiple metal points sticking out of it is going to kill someone

5) Be ready to turn into an absolute animal. By this I mean raking their face repeatedly, punching their throat repeatedly, jumping on them while they are down, slamming their head into cement, biting them in the throat, arms, nose, ears, lips, or any other place you can get to.

6) Don't focus on fighting; instead focus on the complete destruction of your opponent in the most brutal, nasty way imaginable.

That's all I have to say. . . . . .
    shows your lack of confidence to think of going to such extremes. a good maer would most oftenly rely on a clean block and counter agaisnt an average treet fighter.

Logical reasoning - lets see. If not A then B. At some stage a lion would figure to pounce a wilderbeast from the back not from the front (like where the horms are).
    I don't think lions ever pounce on wildebeest's horns. Now wtf were you talking about again?

Infrazael, I don't agree: see my post about instinct. If you ingrain in yourself the instinct for your kind of overkill, add to it the situational awareness, then what you have is a fine start to becoming a sociopath/psychopath. I enjoy life too much, and I don't live in where people value it so little.

a good maer would most oftenly rely on a clean block and counter agaisnt an average treet fighter.
    On the other hand, I also value life too much to believe this nonsense. Believe me, I've had my share of streetfights and bar-room brawls, as well as working security, and this will work only against someone who does not really want to rip your head off... someone who is mostly bluff and bluster. Againsta real attacker, this naivety will get you killed.

I don't think lions ever pounce on wildebeest's horns. Now wtf were you talking about again?

Infrazael, I don't agree: see my post about instinct. If you ingrain in yourself the instinct for your kind of overkill, add to it the situational awareness, then what you have is a fine start to becoming a sociopath/psychopath. I enjoy life too much, and I don't live in where people value it so little.

On the other hand, I also value life too much to believe this nonsense. Believe me, I've had my share of streetfights and bar-room brawls, as well as working security, and this will work only against someone who does not really want to rip your head off... someone who is mostly bluff and bluster. Againsta real attacker, this naivety will get you killed.
    I don' think you should lose your composure just because your attacker gets a bit rough. I mean you're supposed to be well trained.

I don' think you should lose your composure just because your attacker gets a bit rough.
    Who said anything about losing composure?

That as nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the naivety of using a 'clean block and counter' getting your head taken off. Against one swing, or one dojo/kwoon practice punch already missing your head by several inches... maybe it's OK, but against a concentrated barrage of wild swings, feints, and calculated dirty shots that many people use when they're really having a go - which one strike are you thinking of blocking cleanly?

It's pure fantasy.

Who said anything about losing composure?

That as nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the naivety of using a 'clean block and counter' getting your head taken off. Against one swing, or one dojo/kwoon practice punch already missing your head by several inches... maybe it's OK, but against a concentrated barrage of wild swings, feints, and calculated dirty shots that many people use when they're really having a go - which one strike are you thinking of blocking cleanly?

It's pure fantasy.
    Oh you mean against someone who's just scapping. not something i worry about.

Oh you mean against someone who's just scapping. not something i worry about.
    Oh you mean you don't know what you're talking about? End of chat.

Oh you mean you don't know what you're talking about? End of chat.
    basic drills as a white belt will teach you how to deal with all types of punches

basic drills as a white belt will teach you how to deal with all types of punches...

Now, where were we...?

Oh that's right...

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHhahahahahhahhahahhahahhhahahhahaha hahhahahahahahhahahhahahhhhaaaaaahhhhnnnnnngggggnn nnghghh...
    nggnngnnn
    phew...
    hehehe.

I really dont think you have been in any type of real fight if you think a white belt can handle all types of punches. If some big brawler type guy barrels in on you throwing punch after punch at your head, you "might" be able to block one or two if your fast. I know a guy with who has know martial arts experience and he completely cleaned up a guy who has heaps of karate experience, just shows the difference between someone who practices in a dojo to someone who is used to real life fights