Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duncan Leung

Duncan Leung videos

Because mun hung brought up the Duncan Leung seminar, I remembered that he also has a series of tapes out too.

I was wondering if anyone on here has seen the tapes and what they thought of it because I am interested in getting the whole set if they are really that good.

What I'm interested in is:
    1. does it have good fighting drills?
    2. does it have good drills for closing the gap?
    3. is everything explained clearly as to way you would do things that way?
    4. does he explain things in good detail?
    5. is the quality of the film good?
    i.e. can you see the techniques clearly and is it shown from different angles?

I would really love everybodies input on this.

Duncan Leung videos

Has anyone seen Sifu Duncan Leung's videos? Are they any good and are they worth the money?

I just hope that its not another forms video where they show the three hand forms and different ways to do pak da drills or tan da drills. I'm more interested in seeing fighting drills.

Also, if anyone on here has trained with him before, what do you think of his techniques? Do they work and are they effective while under pressure? I saw some clips of his students training and the techniques they were using look awesome and very effective. That's why I'm interetesed in getting his videos.

I have his first two videos. They are pretty good. He stands in front of the camera and talks as if he was addressing you personally. Good mix of theory, forms, drills, and fighting applications. Pretty good fighting drills with participants in protective gear. Some of the better tapes on WCK that I have seen.

Keith

I have seen his first video. I agree with KPM on all points. I appreciate that he explains _why_ he does what he does.

Duncan Leung is a very good teacher and his videos show it.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Duncan Leung

Just a quick curiosity question. After having looked at Duncan Leung's website and having seen various articles in magazines with pics of him, I have to wonder, does this man ever smile? I can't seem to find a single picture of him anywhere in which he isn't looking entirely grave and stone-faced. I mean c'mon, he MUST smile sometime! Has anyone ever seen the guy look happy?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Don't be ridiculous, wing chun teachers never smile. That frown's a fourth form technique to keep the jaw and neck muscles strong. They'll never pass it on though, so maybe the next generation will be smiling slack-jawedly all they like. There was a smiling fifth form, but Yip Man only taught it to his bank manager so the secret has died with him.

****, I'll never make it the big time with lousy technique like that...

Cerebus,

Please do not get the wrong impression about Sifu Duncan Leung. Sibak Duncan Leung is a friendly and open person. He does smile and laugh but he is a serious dude, especially about his wing chun. Sibak has his own personality and own temperament. In any case, I think most traditional chinese sifus are not the smiling type when they are being photograph.

Bao
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Well, I've always known that he is a top-notch sifu, and I'm sure he must smile and laugh sometimes, but I've always wondered why I've never seen a pic where he doesn't look like he's ready to end someone's life.... Was hoping that he's not quite so serious ALL the time.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Duncan Leung is the man, i'd train at his place if I had the chance. Alive Wing Chun.

Sifu Duncan Leung's DVD

Dear all,
    I am thinking about buying Sifu Duncan Leung's DVD on wing chun. Is it possible for you to give me some information about them?
    1. running time of the DVD, e.g. 1/2 hours or 45 minutes per DVD.
    2. Give clear explanation regarding the all forms, e.g. application and principles of wing chun.
    3. Is it value for money? I got some DVDs which give demonstration of the forms, but not how to use it.
    For instance Sifu Wong Sheun Leung's 1/2 hour tape on wing chun is a good film. This is because I can understand and see wing chun being demonstrated. While other wing chun DVD l got show me very little about wing chun, but a lot about Thai boxing!
    4. quality of the DVD. This is because I got some DVD that were shot in dark rooms and I could not see a thing.

Please note that I am not expecting to learn wing chun from DVD or a book. I just want to know if those DVD would help me to understand wing chun better.

Thank you

Samuel Kwok new DVD's now available

I have seen Duncal Leung's videos, and they are good. You may also like to check Samuel Kwok's new DVD series "Mastering Wing Chun - The keys to Ip Man's Kung Fu" from Empire Media. There is a set of three:

1 Siu Lim Tao - and applications
    2. Chum Kiu - and applications
    3 Biu Gee - and applications

They are very good and only $24.95 each. There is a link to buyuing the videos at the bottom of the opening page of the Traditional Ip Man Wing Chun Association web site www.ipmanwingchun.com
    Last edited by Indian Giver; 04-04-2007 at 04:56 AM.

Duncan Leung lineage?

Hey everyone,

I am curious what your thoughts are on Duncan Leung's lineage of Wing Chun. I really don't know anything about him, but he does have a school located near a friend of mine who is interested in WC. So I was curious what other's experience has been with him or his schools. Thanks in advance for sharing!
    "It is better to know thyself than show thyself"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodenYummy View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am curious what your thoughts are on Duncan Leung's lineage of Wing Chun. I really don't know anything about him, but he does have a school located near a friend of mine who is interested in WC. So I was curious what other's experience has been with him or his schools. Thanks in advance for sharing!
    Duncan's a fighter and a good Sifu.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr