Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Nicki Minaj - Chun-Li

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bantu & Dr. Chaii - Jackie Chan (Official Video)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tiësto & Dzeko ft. Preme & Post Malone – Jackie Chan (Official Music Video)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

YBN Cordae "Kung Fu" (WSHH Exclusive - Official Music Video)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Brite Benson - KUNG FU LOVE (Official Video)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kamasi Washington - Fists of Fury

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I posted about Tiesto & Dzeko's 'Jackie Chan' back in July.

Tiesto & Dzeko's 'Jackie Chan' Kicks Way to No. 1 on Dance/Mix Show Airplay Chart
    9/6/2018 by Gordon Murray

Courtesy Photo
    Tiësto and Dzeko, "Jackie Chan"

Plus, Metro & Nelly Furtado top Dance Club Songs, Bassnectar debuts & more.

Tiesto and Dzeko's "Jackie Chan," featuring Preme and Post Malone, charges 5-1 on Billboard's Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart (dated Sept. 8). The track is the third topper for Tiesto and the first for each other act.

Tiesto last led with "Red Lights" for 11 weeks in March-May 2014. The DJ first ruled in November 2009, when he spent two weeks on top with "I Will Be Here" (with Sneaky Sound System). Starting with "Traffic" (No. 21, May 2004), Tiesto has totaled 20 chart entries, including 11 top 10s.

"Jackie Chan," an ode to the famed martial arts master and actor, holds at its No. 3 peak on Hot Dance/Electronic Songs, having collected 16.5 million audience impressions (up 18 percent), 8.4 million U.S. streams (up 3 percent) and 5,000 downloads sold (up 1 percent) in the tracking week, according to Nielsen Music.

Also on Dance/Mix Show Airplay, Elephante elevates 15-8 with "The In Between," featuring Anjulie; the track is the first top 10 for both the DJ and the singer. Plus, Jonas Blue bolts 11-9 with "Rise," featuring Jack and Jack. It's the DJ's third top 10 and the vocal duo's first.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Yet more on Jackie Chan

Anyone ask Jackie how he feels about this song yet? That's what I want to hear. Heck, he should cover it.

Dzeko Tells The Story Behind 'Jackie Chan,' His Smash Post Malone, Preme & Tiësto Collab
    9/13/2018 by Tatiana Cirisano

Andrew Ciggs
    Dzeko

Released in May, Tiësto and Canadian DJ powerhouse Dzeko's "Jackie Chan" -- a reworking of Post Malone's original Light of Day track featuring Preme -- is a splashy, trap-fueled slice of summer. And for 26-year-old Dzeko, a longtime Tiësto collaborator and former half of duo Dzeko & Torres, it's a milestone: the addictive mega-collab marks his first-ever entry on the Billboard Hot 100, where the song recently peaked at No. 57.

As the track continues to prolong summer vibes all the way into September, Dzeko (whose full name is Julian Dzeko) tells Billboard how it all came together through a spontaneous studio session, the greatest lesson he's learned from working with "godfather of dance music" Tiësto and more tidbits.

How did "Jackie Chan" come about?

I've known Tiësto for a long time. We've been good friends. I'm also from Toronto, same as Preme, so I met Preme three years ago at a Drake concert in Toronto. We were always going back and forth. One night, I went to [Preme's] studio in Calabasas, and we made a lit song for Roy Woods called "Something New."

Going back to "Jackie Chan," I've just been friends with Preme for a long time, same with Tiësto, and I know Post, and Preme was working on his album. Preme played us "Jackie Chan," his version, and we talked about how we could give it an upbeat, summery vibe. It was very spontaneous.

What stood out to you about the original, and made you want to rework it?

When me and Tiësto heard it, we were like "****, this is really cool. We could definitely somehow flip it." Not too EDM, but still dance-y. A summery vibe. The second I heard the hook, little things like "Uber out to Calabasas," I knew. I instantly knew, "this is insane."

You started DJing at age 14 after seeing Tiësto​ perform live. What was it like to work with him?

He was the first DJ that I looked up to when I got into DJing. He was the first person that I saw DJ -- that's what made me want to become a DJ, was Tiësto. So being able to work with him on a song together and with Preme and Post on it as well was a dream come true. It's always such a good experience working with Tiësto. He has such a good ear with melodies and sounds. When you work with a guy like him, he's been doing it, literally, for 25 years. He's the godfather of dance music.

Is there one lesson in particular that you've taken away from working together?

To really make the kind of music that you enjoy. I'm gonna explore a couple of other styles, and his advice to me was to make music you believe in and to stick to your sound. I've learned a million things from him, but I would say that's one of the top fives. I have a whole list.

Do you remember the first time that you heard "Jackie Chan" on the radio?

In Toronto, the day it came out. I got into an Uber from the airport, and it was already playing. It was like "Oh ****!" [Laughs.] I've had songs on the radio, but nowhere like this, you know? This is worldwide.

"Jackie Chan" marks your first-ever Hot 100 entry. How does that feel?

That's also another dream, and a big accomplishment. As an artist or a DJ, being able to say that you have something on the Hot 100, it's a whole different league for songs -- what's really influencing. The most legendary artists of all time, they all had something on Billboard Hot 100, you know? It's something that I've always wanted.

What do you think hip-hop brings to a dance track?

Hip-hop beefs [dance music] up, makes it super energetic. As a DJ, some of the most reactive edits or mashups that you play in your sets are hip-hop. It's cool seeing how hip-hop artists are actually collaborating on EDM tracks, too. I think it's really good. It's definitely something that is going to continue or keep growing -- hip-hop artists working with DJs. Tiësto actually did a song with Three 6 Mafia years ago ["Feel It," 2009]. I'm trying to work with more hip-hop artists, too.

You left Dzeko & Torres to pursue a solo career in 2016. What's been the biggest change for you since going solo?

It's been a lot differently, obviously, DJing solo versus being with a partner. But nowadays, what I'm learning being a solo act is that you have to keep releasing a lot of content. Two years ago, as a duo, you could release a song once in a while, but now you have to keep churning out tracks. It's a change. I'm adjusting to it, but I still enjoy everything. I love DJing, I love music, and the industry we work in.

A version of this article originally appeared in the Sept. 15 issue of Billboard.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

David Guetta & Sia - Flames (Behind The Scenes)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bad sounds - wages

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

SHAOLIN TEMPLE DEFENDERS - Starting All Over (studio session)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ゆるめるモ!(You'll Melt More!)『ネバギバ酔拳』(Official Music Video)

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Jackie Chan by Tiësto, Dzeko, Post Malone, and Preme

Platinum? srsly? Well, I guess Jackie Chan by Tiësto, Dzeko, Post Malone, and Preme deserves its own thread now, independent from the Kung Fu Music thread.

Tiesto at Ultra - Rukes

TIËSTO’S HIT COLLAB “JACKIE CHAN” WITH POST MALONE GOES PLATINUM
    KARLIE POWELL NOVEMBER 23, 2018
    EDM NEWS
    Tiësto‘s mega-collab with Dzeko, Post Malone, and Preme just hit a huge milestone. “Jackie Chan” has officially gone platinum — which means it has been purchased or streamed equivalent of 1 million times over.

Previously, Tiësto achieved platinum success with his singles “Red Lights” and “Feel It in My Bones” featuring Tegan & Sara. Then came “Jackie Chan,” which made waves early this year and is still making its mark. The commercial success of the hit single doesn’t only boast huge sales, but Spotify records, Billboard charts, and beyond.

The worldwide DJ/producer kept it simple with an upload on social media, “Jackie Chan is now @RIAA Certified PLATINUM in the US! Thank you.”

What more is there to say?! Tiësto has still got it! This is arguably his biggest track of all time.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips