Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Tiger Boxing

ope Guest

Shoalin Tiger Claw

anyone here do tiger claw? if so i have a question.. when imitating the claw on the hand do you use all 5 fingers or just 3? our school has a tiger claw which the strikes are with 3 fingers.. this tiger claw is soposed to be a natural style...

joedoe Guest
    When we practise tiger, we use all 5 fingers. I may be wrong but I always thought the 3 finger claw was more eagle than tiger.

-------------------------------------
    You have no chance to survive - make your time.

Starbuck Guest

Tiger Claw

When I was training in Hung Gar, we did a Tiger Claw with all five fingers and also a Dragon Claw with the thumb and first two fingers.

<HR>"It takes a big man to admit he's wrong...it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man."

ope Guest
    Thanks for your info guys..

CLFNole Guest
    Choy Lay Fut also does its tiger claw with 5 fingers. It is used as a downward clawing technique and also as an upward technique hitting with the palm first and then bringing the claw down.

By the way what is a natural style? For that matter what is an unnatural style?

Peace.

Kung Lek Guest
    hi-

all 5 are used to form and use the Fu Jow.

the thumb and two first finger is a crane fist and is used in the same manner as a claw but it is more for grabbing and siezing tender areas and acupuncture points.

The Dragon claw is similar to tiger claw, but Tiger claw is for tearing while dragon claw is for grabbing and twisting.

Eagle Claw is yet another hand form that works similarly to tiger claw.

Anyone who is learning Hung Gar, Choy Li Fut, Fut gar or Sil Lum Kung fu and other family styles based on Sil Lum will be familiar wiht the Fu jow hand form and it's usage early in their training. It is very key as it serves as a tearing weapon and a palm striking weapon at the same time and even in the same strike.

peace

Kung Lek

ope Guest

CLFNole

natural style or also know as natural boxing, nature fist, Tzu Jan Men..

it is a kung fu style that is very rare... if you would like some information about it give me your email and i will try to send you some..

Kung Lek Guest
    hi-

starbuck- I have heard of the handform you describe (two fingers and thumb) as being associated with dragon.

The handform was called "Dragon Seeks Pearls" and it's usage is intended for eye gouges or strikes.

It is almost exactly the same hand form as the crane fist.

peace

Kung Lek

TatewakiKuno Guest

Tiger Style

Does anyone know where I can find some good information dealing with Tiger style.

In the state where the mind, body and soul unite to transcend the power of enlightenment, the teachings of the zen believe the human spirit embodies the ability to master any domain. The desire to challenge the mind,the drive to push the limits and the motivation to defy the status quo. For all walks of life, the search for identity and wisdom begins with the attitude of the mind...

diego Guest

tiger

Topic: im seeking all info in regards the tiger claw
    diego
    Member posted 11-05-01 03:40 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    how many techniques do you guys know of and that are universal in kf,in the hungga tiger crane
    theres in a catstance lead outgrab and rear front claw to face;or in bow stance lead forearm inward deflect and rear side claw to jaw;or from cat wave hand deflect and lunge in bow two claw etc.
    how many combos yall know of,in my style i was told always make your lead claw on the bottom when doing two claw strike...
    WHATCHAKNOW

any style hung-hsing

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

honorisc Guest
    The tiger/crane form has double Phoenix Eye fist. Theoretically Shantung Black Tigeruses at least one single strike using the Phoenix-Eye fist formation. I derrived that Tiger Claw as a style/system, universally includes in at least small portion(s) a Phoenix Eye fist.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

diego Guest

man i forgot about this post

im not clear on why? your saying.

i get what your saying

but you wrote like i asked if tiger uses pheonix and you caught me off gaurd.

so alot of tiger methods use pheonix thats cool.one of my favourite fists...

you have good info on tiger or thats it

thanks

if i throw sand in ya face;WILL YOU Blink".

Stumblefist Guest

Diverse use

This should probably be in Southern:

Tiger Claw: has infinitite usage in DEFLECTIVE blocking patterns which easily merge into seizing, hooking, chin-na and grappling-throwing. Favorite exercise is circular clawing, something like wax-on, wax-off.
    So... tiger-claw has "soft" applications as well as hard striking and scratching.

Shaolin Tiger Boxing

Does anyone know of any websites with info about Shaolin Tiger Boxing?
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
    - Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

shaolin tiger boxing is a fairly nebulous term.

the tiger is a framework model that several styles use.
    For instance, Hung Gar, Southern Shaolin (generic), 5 animals, and others all have tiger style within them as either foundations , subsets or the entire system.

shaolin tiger boxing in and of itself would be a part of a larger style/system or can be a style on it's own. I haven't heard of it being an exclusive style, but definitely tiger is incorporate into shaolin kung fu as well as other non shaolin styles.

as for sites dealing with tiger, try any number of hung gar or hung related sites, or black tiger sites or 5 animals sites, etc etc.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.