Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the principals of your style?

What are the principals of your style?

Of course this is inspired by the other thread...

Ok, a styles principals can be broken down into a number of catagories, like principals that guide body structure, mechanics, footwork, tactics entry, positioning, attacks, defenses etc.. There are even principals used to guid the training methods that TEACH the principals of the arts. What are the principals your art uses in the various catagories?

1. Principals of body structure

2. Principals of body Mechanics

3. Principals of Footwork

4. Principals of entry, and positioning.

5. Principals of combat, tactics, attacks, defense etc...

6. Principals of training skills, and of coure principals.

and for those of you who miss my soap opera posts (because I'm alone right now), what are the principals of chaseing, and catching women?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    and for those of you who miss my soap opera posts (because I'm alone right now), what are the principals of chaseing, and catching women?
    Ask these guys
    More than half of Kyrgyzstan's married women were snatched from the street by their husbands in a custom known as "ala kachuu," which translates roughly as "grab and run." In its most benign form, it is a kind of elopement, in which a man whisks awaya willing girlfriend. But often it is something more violent.

[...]

Kyrgyz men say they snatch women because it is easier than courtship and cheaper than paying the standard "bride price," which can be as much as $800 plus a cow. The cow is the sticking point there. But we digress: Family or friends often press a reluctant groom, lubricated with vodka and beer, into carrying out an abduction.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

And the principals of your art are what?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

currently i pratice Fat Ass Thug-jitsu

Charge, weight forward, hope to hit

Hit hard?

Xing Yi and running

Sucker punching

Sucker punching

Play pc games, watch tv, watch dvd, masturbate
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    And the principals of your art are what?

Stability & rootedness is favored. For this, I spend more time in stance work than many other aspects.

Unified. Any movement is reflected in body structure.

See above. For the most part, I retain 100/0 weighting.

Entry is by "leaking" when in contact. When not, it sorta depends what's going on. By default, I'd enter with a combo kick/punch.

Positioning is generally "front door"

Keep punching
    I freely admit to not having a groundfighting game, but neither do I care about having one.

Keep punching

I should add that I'm not the best person to ask since I didn't take up the study Kung Fu for it's fighting prowess. That was a side benefit for what I was seeking [which was not "chi balls" either]. Hence, I don't put alot of thought behind it.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

. Principals of body structure
    The body structure adapts to
    whatever the circumstance is.The body is trained to deal with any means of self defense from an attacker to rolling down a flight of stairs.

PHP Code:
    2. Principals of body Mechanics 
    The body moves natural never distorted or in an awkaward movement.Each attack and defense is practical using
    the least amount of energy to do the most amount of damage.

Footwork again adapts to the circumstance there is angling,stright in,back pedaling,cross stepping,leaping.

These concepts of entering and positioning are based on timing,space,distance the practicer
    adapts to the opponent looking for holes,openings,and weak points and attacks these.
    To use anything and everything to one's advatage to be well rounded in everything related to perservance of oneself.
    6. Principals of training skills, and of coure principals
    To have "LIVE"training and be able to deal with any confortation physically and mentally.

prin·ci·pal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prns-pl)
    adj.
    First, highest, or foremost in importance, rank, worth, or degree; chief. See Synonyms at chief.
    Of, relating to, or being financial principal, or a principal in a financial transaction.

n.
    One who holds a position of presiding rank, especially the head of an elementary school or high school.
    A main participant in a situation.
    A person having a leading or starring role.

The capital or main body of an estate or financial holding as distinguished from the interest or revenue from it.
    A sum of money owed as a debt, upon which interest is calculated.
    Law.
    A person who empowers another to act as his or her representative.
    The person having prime responsibility for an obligation as distinguished from one who acts as surety or as an endorser.
    One who commits or is an accomplice to a crime.
    Architecture. Either of a pair of inclined timbers forming the sides of a triangular truss for a pitched roof.

prin·ci·ple ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prns-pl)
    n.
    A basic truth, law, or assumption: the principles of democracy.

A rule or standard, especially of good behavior: a man of principle.
    The collectivity of moral or ethical standards or judgments: a decision based on principle rather than expediency.
    A fixed or predetermined policy or mode of action.
    A basic or essential quality or element determining intrinsic nature or characteristic behavior: the principle of self-preservation.
    A rule or law concerning the functioning of natural phenomena or mechanical processes: the principle of jet propulsion.
    Chemistry. One of the elements that compose a substance, especially one that gives some special quality or effect.
    A basic source. See Usage Note at principal.

Idioms:
    in principle
    With regard to the basics: an idea that is acceptable in principle.
    on principle
    According to or because of principle.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Thumbs up

This is an excellent thread.

Some key notes or principles of some styles.

1. Tai Chi; You come; I welcome you. You go; I send you off.

2. Ba Ji: You hit me. I hit you. Give up the distance to be close. Xiao Ba Ji: Use softness to enage and use hardness to counter attack at the same time. Da Ba Ji: Use the softness to engage. Use the hardness when the opponent is about to disengage.

3. Tong Bei: One inch longer; one inch stronger. Yi Cun Chang Yi Cun Qiang. Extend long and hit far. Fan Chang Ji Yuan.

4. Ba Gua Zhang: Use the walk to engage. Use the palm as the fighting method. Yi Zhou Wei Yong. Yi Zhang Wei Fa.

5. Xing Yi: Use the semblence of the forms. Take the meanings of the forms. Xiang Xing Chu Yi.

6. Wing Chun: Take up the centerline first. Qiang Zhong Wei Xian.

7. Pi Gua: Big opening; big closing. Big Pi; Big Gua. Da Kai Da He Da Pi Da Gua.

On and on.

Quote Originally Posted by BibitClerus
    currently i pratice Fat Ass Thug-jitsu

Charge, weight forward, hope to hit

Hit hard?

Xing Yi and running

Sucker punching

Sucker punching

Play pc games, watch tv, watch dvd, masturbate
    sucker punching is a cheap trick a good maer won't fall for that. IMOH a clean block and counter will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    sucker punching is a cheap trick a good maer won't fall for that. IMOH a clean block and counter will be enough.
    i have used it so far on 2 fights
    and it worked flawlessly on both

HA!!
    counter this, grasshoper
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

dare you not say a word against me until you get 10000 points on this game
    aight?

http://www.potnoodle.co.uk/play/
    Bye, peeps

sucker punching can work on anyone. The hardest punch is the one you never see coming...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

A good sucker punch will beat just about anyone. That is the whole point of a sucker punch. A poor sucker punch on the other hand ...
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Crowd the space

Control the limbs

Aggressiveness

Hit hard

Each technique must be a set up for another

We use what can be called a soft structure, i.e. not rigid or tense untill ation is needed.
    One can only move from a position of relaxation to a position of tension, never one of tension to another of tension.
    keep feet close to the ground even when moving. The suffling effect this creates makes it harder to gage distance and closing speed.
    Move in right angles when attacking, and tangents when evading.
    Win, preferably causing injury as an injured opponant can't follow you when you break away, but try not to kill. Aviod the fight if you can, but make sure you win. Dead people can't defend thier actions.
    Learn to train. No person, regardless of his or her rank, may stop practicing or learning. To stop means you can no longer begin.Degrees are merely points on the circle, all being an equal distance from the center, the Tao. Never ler rank or lack of it cloud this truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it