Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee vs. Wong Jack Man fight

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Great Band!
    Vernon Reid is an awesome guitar player.
    I knew his sister in college
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Well, It's not an all or nothing thing. This topic is done to death and is a dead end. He said/she said.

Things in the past can be learned from of course! History and all that what what ho!
    I think that all the lemonade to be had from this subject has been gotten though.
    Why is it there can be a thread called 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' with literally thousands of pages, and you are arguing so vigorously that this fight, the genesis of Jeet Kune Do, a style that countless people practice and pay lessons to learn throughout the world, isn't relevant?

I mean...they're making a movie out of it for Pete's sake! When they come out with some piece of utter fantasy about Huo Yuanjia or Ip Man you'd better believe there's going to be countless threads about it on here. But when this tale about Bruce Lee is about to be released in theaters throughout the world it's ancient history and a 'dead end'??
    Last edited by Siu Lum Fighter; 08-23-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Too often, relevence has little to do with this forum

They should make a movie based on our ISDfr thread. I'd order a large popcorn while watching that one.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I thought that was what the Hobbit/LotR series was adapted from, Gene.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    They should make a movie based on our ISDfr thread. I'd order a large popcorn while watching that one.
    It would have to be a TV series, 10 seasons at least
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

It may have to compete with the WingChun Origins Cable TV Movie Series in it's sixth season.

The fight is relevant because it changed Bruce's approach to fighting. Without that fight, Jeet Kune Do may not have been born, or at least not been born when it did. Lee may have simply kept modifying Wing Chun for the next several years, and been content with that.

Bruce Lee is dead, buried and rotten

Enough said.

His fu was not that strong.

Get over it and yourselves.
    Dr. Dale Dugas
    Hakka Mantis
    Integrated Eskrima
    Pukulan Cimande Pusaka Sanders

All for Use
    Nothing for Show

Quote Originally Posted by Mor Sao View Post
    Bruce Lee is dead, buried and rotten

Enough said.

His fu was not that strong.

Get over it and yourselves.
    His "Fu" as well as his "Kung" was a lot stronger than yours.

Enough said.

Get over it, and yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeet Coon View Post
    His "Fu" as well as his "Kung" was a lot stronger than yours.

Enough said.

Get over it, and yourself.

Not to mention if it wasn’t for Bruce lee probably most of us wouldn’t be doing kung fu. He inspired millions to be interested in martial arts and Asian culture. So that is a pretty ignorant statement. and doesn’t the guy who just said get over yourself post pictures of himself every other day.

if kung fu could not have been successful without bruce lee, then kung fu is worthless.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Bruce was strongest under heaven.

Do I mean Jenner or Lee? We'll never know.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

hahahaha me too
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Explosive Rage

Bruce Lee will always be known as the "King of Onscreen Explosive Rage". There are no contenders. A force to be reckoned with: http://blog.thestorefront.com/wp-con.../bruce_lee.jpg
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 09-20-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Grandmaster David Chin on the fight!

I previously went through this thread and did not recall anyone mention 2006 article by Gene Ching where Grandmaster Chin talks about his recollection of the infamous fight! (If this was introduced earlier please let me know and I will delete my posting?)

'Chin's role in this fight was significant. "It ended up that I became the messenger boy and took the (challenge) note to Bruce Lee," chuckles Chin wistfully. Of course, given the magnitude of Lee's place in pop culture, only Wong's students believe their master wasn't defeated outright. Few beyond the martial arts community remember Wong, who only recently retired from teaching in the San Francisco area. So what really happened? "To me, you can say it went both ways," recalls Chin. "Wong Jack Man was trapped by a window showcase. He fell and Bruce Lee got on top of him and that ended the fight. Wong Jack Man said he didn't give up. He said he got trapped in that showcase. It was just an accident." Furthermore, Bruce Lee wasn't the first to teach non-Chinese. Non-Chinese students dot the lineages of plenty of other styles from the same period. "I don't think it had anything to do with 'don't teach the gwailo (white ghost, a slang for Caucasians鬼佬).' Stuff like that - it's not true. Of course, Bruce Lee tried to make himself look good, but that wasn't the case. It was strictly a match to see whose kung fu was better at that time." So, the Lee vs. Wong fight wasn't about keeping secrets. It was quite the opposite - a publicity stunt.'

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazi...hp?article=661