Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee vs. Wong Jack Man fight

Actually, Asian martial arts have been here prior to WW1, since the late 1800s or so, though not taught to the general public.

Did Bruce Lee have his shortcomings? Yes. Along with 95% of everyone else; the other 5% are liars.

Bruce Lee might have been c0cky, but he was young, and I've met a lot of MAists that come across every bit as arrogant as BL was reported to have been. I'm sure BL was a lot of things, but he sure as hell wasn't some Hitler type.

I don't worship BL, but I respect that he set out to accomplish goals and did it. If it's so easy, and he was 'only an actor', then I'm sure anybody can do what he did, right? I mean, why not? You can have the $$ and the wimmenz. It should be a lot easier today than it was back then.

No, I do not believe that the WJM fight was as easy for BL as has usually been reported. But it almost certainly wasn't all that spectacular, either. But at this point it's been speculated ad nauseum.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 08-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Perhaps it wasn't a decisive fight because they were equally matched? It's kind of like when two basketball or soccer teams are equally matched and nobody scores. Boring to watch, but it happens.

When two tigers meet in the jungle, one dies and the other is maimed.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by WangBazi View Post
    because they did nothing for the martial arts community besides deify their father.
    but what does that have to do with wong jack man?

All I have to say is who cares. It's a fight big deal. And as for proof unless it was videotaped or something there is no proof. Rumors and stories get passed around all the time. Bruce did bring martial arts into the spotlight in america. He basically created the platform for most kung fu movies even until today. And as for being c0cky, unless you knew him personally you can't say he was, again you have no proof that you are telling the truth or someone that dislikes Bruce lee and just creates lies. This is a fight that happened forever ago who gives a sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    All I have to say is who cares. It's a fight big deal. And as for proof unless it was videotaped or something there is no proof. Rumors and stories get passed around all the time. Bruce did bring martial arts into the spotlight in america. He basically created the platform for most kung fu movies even until today. And as for being c0cky, unless you knew him personally you can't say he was, again you have no proof that you are telling the truth or someone that dislikes Bruce lee and just creates lies. This is a fight that happened forever ago who gives a sheet.
    I mentioned the alleged c0ckiness because that almost always comes up with criticisms of BL. It seems like it's the "cool" thing to jump on the Bruce Lee Bashwagon on the Internet.

The man obviously had real ability; many great MAists like Inosanto, Lewis, etc., seem to think so. If someone doesn't like BL, great. But the degree of sheer nastiness directed at a man who's been gone for 40 years (a lot longer than most of his most vocal critics have been alive, by the tone of some of the messages) is a sad commentary on people these days.

You can always tell when someone is badass when people are afraid to talk **** about him until he dies, and even then, they wait a few decades just to be sure.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You can always tell when someone is badass when people are afraid to talk **** about him until he dies, and even then, they wait a few decades just to be sure.
    In case he faked his death? LOL

Was Fong in attendance at the fight?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    In case he faked his death? LOL
    Agreed jimbo, maybe he did fake his death. Maybe it was Bruce Li that died

Fong was not at the fight. He just finding reasons to mouth off about Wong Sifu in the magazine article because he does not like Wong Sifu for personal reasons.

Sifu Wong produced students who train and promote Sanda.

Bruce Lee produced hordes of ignorant Chinese teenagers who play numchucks in the park.

I think it's clear who the winner was.

Thumbs up Wude

It is easy to speak of people that are no longer alive, they can't talk back. There are some old Masters that were their and saw this fight, these Masters are WUDE, something people lack, they do not speak of it and never will. I respect them.

It is sad to see the lack of respect and honor displayed by many people today, Martial Artists
    should set examples of decency and honor for all to follow.
    Last edited by SIFU RON; 08-15-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Sifu Wong produced students who train and promote Sanda.

Bruce Lee produced hordes of ignorant Chinese teenagers who play numchucks in the park.

I think it's clear who the winner was.
    Oh look another ignorant comment from a keyboard warrior. Bruce Lee produced plenty of students who have competed from Kickboxing to MMA, albeit most indirectly through his other students. Although I read that Larry Hartsell, an original Bruce Lee student, was one of the first to fight Muay Thai match in the late 60s. He specifically used Bruce's training methods to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by WangBazi View Post
    Bruce Lee created JKD facgs. They are annoying as hell.
    Hey b1tch, any time you would to back up that statement in a friendly sparring match in Los Angeles, send me a pm.