Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this a low percentage technique or no percentage?

is this a low percentage technique or no percentage?

so, is this a low percentage or no percentage?
    dazed and confused

At the bars Red5 frequents, that is a high-percentage technique.

This is somewhat lower level technique.

But in the second frame, where his leg is behind him, this can be followed through into a more advanced technique. The advanced version would require him to follow over the top with the kick, pulling his upperbody down and under, thus bringing his heel over, full circle and applying the kick to an opponent in front of them as well.

this can be started with different forward kicks, front stretch, or cresent, or axe for example.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

its a pretty low level technique. our good friend colonel guile of the united states special forces does a reverse one. that is a little bit higher level technique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

whats he trying to kick? if he was wearing a top hat and was trying to kick it off onto the coat/hat rack then that would be pretty cool and a high level technique IMO.
    ________
    Threesome schoolgirl
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:06 PM.

This reminds me of the Savate "Pirouette of Death", taught by the elite ballet dancer bodyguards of King Louis the IVVIIV
    Last edited by Losttrak; 05-05-2005 at 04:54 PM.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Isn't it high level since his foot end up above his head?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

No, it is a closed door technique of the famed style:

Wi Ya Fu taught almost exclusively by the Yuen clan. Once the Yuen clan lived in the area of Hong Kong but recent intrigues have caused many of them to retreat to the hills of the Ho Li forest where they have taught such famous masters as that girl from Bullet Proof Monk.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Simon is right, I was raised in Ho Li forest by a band of dirt trolls. Eventually they couldnt keep up with my appetite for fancy kicks and had to give me to the Yuen clan. Thats when I learned how to kick top hats off of guys behind me.

this skill has saved my life more than once.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

with enough force you can kick yourself right in the medulla oblongata and thereby render yourself instantly unconcious or possibly even dead.

so, high percentage if you get it right.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is a common technique in Cuo Jiao.
    I think it's fairly common. I imagine it's used as a follow up to a failed/faked round-house. Basically like how a side-kick would be used, but the angle would be weird since the strike rises from underneath. Plus it allows the practitioner to easily change direction and escape.

some thoughts.
    http://individual.utoronto.ca/gfx/logo1.jpg

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778)

i thought it was a wushu thing to show flexibility and balance? you can use the motion for a backward kick striking up but probably nothing that high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    i thought it was a wushu thing to show flexibility and balance? you can use the motion for a backward kick striking up but probably nothing that high.
    it is actually a legitimate technique from the chuo tui system. I know they practice it and it is in the manual. but, I've never seen it use in sparring/fight, so I don't know how it would be use.

cynthia rothrock used it in that TLC reality show, "faking it" (which caused me to dig this up and thinking it over). in the opening sequence when she was supposedly being "assaulted" in the bar, she used it to kick the "attacker". Of course, the whole thing was a set-up, so I didn't buy how she was using it.

she used when she was clinching with the guy, pushing him off a bit, allow her body to lean forward and kick with this "rear" scropion tail like kick. I didn't see enough power generated to be convince that it would work.
    dazed and confused

I got hit with that by my first wushu coach in sparring when I was sixteen... not sure how he set it up though, just that he nailed me in the back of the head

That's a legit kick in alot of styles. Like alot of techniques in forms it's abit exagerated, like training follow through motion. It's used to kick the groin and to sweep the leg or legs up in a lot of throws.