Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For the metal fans

Hmmm

That all said, stuff like The Swans, Throbbing Gristle and Sleep Chambers dumps over all Black/Death metal to be honest.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

The Ozzfest

I just worked the Ozzfest last Saturday. It was fun. The Ozzfest is always one of the bloodiest, pukeist shows I work all year (although reports from Dave Matthews Band this year stated that it took the puke title for 2005 so far). As strange as it sounds, after Ozzfest, I've seen enough topless women for a while...

Ozzy/Black Sabbath is still relevant after all these years. Ozzy is a singularity in music, some one who has stood the test of time, re-inventing himself to meet the current pop world, yet he can still bring down the house on stage. Their rendition of War Pigs blew me away - what an anthem for our times.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

2005 is a metalheads wet dream.... the shear amount of excellent bands with new albums out this year...nile...immolation...behemoth...cephalic carnage....meshuggah....hate eternal....bloodbath.....

droool~~ i jus wet myself a little

theres some others i haven't picked up yet. and its a shame that most of em will never see the ozzfest stage. those nu metal kids need some re-education if u ask me.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

You lucky guy Gene, and I don't mean the titties Shadows Fall are the ****, but why do they have to do that 80s hair windmill thing?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

ahhh, the days before they called it "old skool"...

right here in Tampa Bay, FL. DEATH METAL capital of the world!!! from '86 to '92 or so, weekly shows with Kreator, Coroner, Death, Obituary, Atheist, Cynic, Darth Vader's Church, GWAR, Testament, Overkill, Malevolent Creation, Death Angel, Cannibal Corpse, ahhh, the memories....
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

the only thing the picture list is missing....

....is a general listing for any picture ever taken of KISS....both with make-up and without....now before anyone goes jumping all over me....i'm well aware they are FAR from black metal....but they are not only one of the most overrated bands of all time (if not the most), but also one of the most ridiculous looking ones....they're not metal, nor have they ever been, but for some odd reason they've clung to their absurd get-ups for years...

as much of a metal fan as i am....i never could get down with the whole black metal scene, esp. after reading "lords of chaos"....i bought/burned a few cds just to get an idea of what these self-professed "geniuses" sounded like....and most of it souded like dogpile....give me a copy of "slaughter of the soul", "destroy erase improve", or "heartwork" any day....just no "mysteriis dom sathanas" or anything inaudible like that.
    "It's better to be dead and cool....than alive and uncool." - Mickey Rourke in "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man"

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    its also cool that you sort of know those guys.
    Yeah well, it's more a happenstance, same pubs etc... I could tell you some things though...

Margerine in the hair for the greasy dread look, the swastikas and some of the 'chats' they caused in the ghetto, someone being decked for pushing the wrong buttons, the crazy bi gf neighbourhood bike and my ex, the burning of the quiff... but I might get sued...

maybe one day. When I become Prime Minister and then Grand Lord Poobah of the Known World and Beyond I'll put it my memoirs!

Quote Originally Posted by meltdawn
    ahhh, the days before they called it "old skool"...

right here in Tampa Bay, FL. DEATH METAL capital of the world!!! from '86 to '92 or so, weekly shows with Kreator, Coroner, Death, Obituary, Atheist, Cynic, Darth Vader's Church, GWAR, Testament, Overkill, Malevolent Creation, Death Angel, Cannibal Corpse, ahhh, the memories....
    you win best list!

never heard anyone oustside my group of friends mention kreator. i have coma of souls (i think thats it) and it gets swapped into the car every couple months. i dont know what im going to do if the woman ever decides she wants to upgrade to a cd player. my car already has one and if she gets one ill have no place to listen to my tapes .

i also have coroner's tape with the skeleton dude with the violen. cant remember the name of it. i have a death angel tape as well, but i cant say im proud to own that one .
    where's my beer?

Talking

thanks GDA!!!

the Kreator/Coroner concert was probably one of the only shows where i didn't pit, i was just awestruck by the talent.

Atheist, Cynic and Death all intermingled players. Atheist lost their bassist in a horrible bus accident on tour (he was a twin), and so they hired guys from Cynic and Death consecutively. my ex got in to fill the line-up, but when the tour time came, one of those bassists trumped the contract and got himself back in the line-up. the singer for Athiest whimped out and went into crappy radio crap, and the rumor was he might have become the new singer for GNR. i don't know which fate is worse. when death metal started dying here, hard core rose, and i got into promoting my ex's band and got shows with ProPain (who moved here), and some lighter stuff like the Toadies, and weird stuff like GuardyLoo and the Mentors. yes dude, i have partied with the Mentors. along that line, remember GG Allin? i also partied with his protege in Illinois, don't remember his name (i blocked it out). some good shows the guy headlined (everyone would leave when he came on, though). he would stick barbies up his rear and poop in people's baseball hats. not my cup of tea.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

That site was great...

They look like the new WWF line-up

this is why musicains should concentrate on music, instead of "look at me. Trick or treat"