Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New video clips From Sifu Gary Lam

New video clips From Sifu Gary Lam

hey guys some new clips from Gary's DVD's
    got to http://wingchuncoach.com/
    and scroll all the way right on the menu bar to ''site updates'' and click it

this is were I will be putting up all the new stuff

have fun , any questions fire away

might even see my silly self in there
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Hey Ernie,

Nice clips, looks like your teacher can rock. But hey it looks kind of aggressive .

Just kidding looks like fun actually. Thanks for sharing.

Carl
    MARTIAL ARTS: It is not rocket science, if you are smart, seek out a good instructor and work hard for 10 years on basics you might just start to get good.

The best thing you can do for yourself, to get good; is find a good instructor, that had a good instructor and is willing to teach you. Then find a great place to practice, ON YOUR OWN; EVERYDAY!

What good is martial arts, for you; if you do not have loyalty?

WWW.wing-chun.nu , www.immortalpalm.com,

PS, your site updates link at the bottom doesn't work.

Cheers for the clips, bro.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD
    Hey Ernie,

Nice clips, looks like your teacher can rock. But hey it looks kind of aggressive .

Just kidding looks like fun actually. Thanks for sharing.

Carl
    Aggressive ! no stitches , no broken limbs , no blood or KO it was just regular training

Hell in the HK days those dudes would bust each other up, but we have a disease called lawyers and so back to patty cake

but I’m glad you liked it, it's a pleasure to share stuff
    Last edited by Ernie; 05-05-2005 at 04:55 PM.

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Alright guvnor

Whats the latest on the german trip?? You gonna make it. Dont give me some b#llsh#t excuse now!!!

Kev
    It's time to turn it on! This is what i train for, this is where i want to be. Fear is not an option it's time to release the rage!

This reminds me of those old school Splashing Hands videos... Its too bad Gary Goty didnt make a cameo appearance to get his arse beat.

That guy getting wailed on looked pretty irritated. I think it goes against any fighter's pride to let one's self get beat on without retaliation.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Quote Originally Posted by Losttrak
    This reminds me of those old school Splashing Hands videos... Its too bad Gary Goty didnt make a cameo appearance to get his arse beat.

That guy getting wailed on looked pretty irritated. I think it goes against any fighter's pride to let one's self get beat on without retaliation.
    Gary Goty ? hmmm interesting ,,,,,, not

Kev,
    I'll try to make it to germany bro , better bring a mouth piece

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie

Kev,
    I'll try to make it to germany bro , better bring a mouth piece
    No worries bro i need to speak to adam in the nxt cfouple of weeks and get things moving only thing that would hold me back is money mate have a clearer picture nearer time
    It's time to turn it on! This is what i train for, this is where i want to be. Fear is not an option it's time to release the rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bell
    No worries bro i need to speak to adam in the nxt cfouple of weeks and get things moving only thing that would hold me back is money mate have a clearer picture nearer time

I still have to get my Papers in order to do any travelling , so let hope for the best

I just love that clip where Gary Lam says something along the lines of "people say that wing chun does not work on the street... well I'll show you..."

That to me is what wing chun is all about...

Just great,

Thanks for posting.. and that is a great website you got there.

Cheers

W

Another funny thing in Gary Lam's Dummy video is when he says that the dummy should not be HIT WITH FULL FORCE, like somebody trying to break it.......

Then he calls a instructor or student to demonstrate the form, and he (student) keeps BANGING the dummy, like he should destroy the dummy in front of him.......

IMO that did not look too good. Wing Chun Mok Yan Jong is not a conditioning tool. Is much more than that, should demonstrate SKILL. The conditioning is a side effect, an extra bonus.

Maybe he wasn't hitting it with full force?

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_easy
    Another funny thing in Gary Lam's Dummy video is when he says that the dummy should not be HIT WITH FULL FORCE, like somebody trying to break it.......

Then he calls a instructor or student to demonstrate the form, and he (student) keeps BANGING the dummy, like he should destroy the dummy in front of him.......

IMO that did not look too good. Wing Chun Mok Yan Jong is not a conditioning tool. Is much more than that, should demonstrate SKILL. The conditioning is a side effect, an extra bonus.

Your right that was my Si-hing Greg , he does every thing all out like that , he is just wired that way , Gary would call that pass over power [ meaning your sending out to much , it hampers your recovery and balance , but that was awhile ago , greg has evolved to be a great teacher these days

it was a common mistake many of the guys since gary can generate such short burst power , we would all try and mimic it before we understood how to do , by adding in way to much of our own force , growing pains

but a side note most people work the dummy dead in a cold one beat pattern
    we do not we start that way but as you get it you mentally spar it staying just ahead of it's recoil as you would against a person flowing in mid counter , but thats another thread
    Last edited by Ernie; 05-06-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie
    but a side note most people work the dummy dead in a cold one beat pattern
    we do not we start that way but as you get it you mentally spar it staying just ahead of it's recoil as you would against a person flowing in mid counter , but thats another thread
    That sounds like crazy talk!!!

But cool...At The SAAAME TIIIME.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch
    That sounds like crazy talk!!!

But cool...At The SAAAME TIIIME.
    Kenton ,
    think of it a cause and effect , when you send something out , it comes back you should be on your next action [angle, position, hand etc...] before it comes back to your original position
    1/2 beat ahead , just like when you fight as you hit there a chance of you being hit , you try and work between those moments

defense is built into the offense , a boxer ,kick boxer thai figher what ever with slip or has a proctected body position as they hit [to a degree] moving 3 things at once hand, leg and body [ we call this hitting on the way to your next position ]

not just sitting there nose to nose trading shots or doing dead motions on a peice of wood just because somebody says so