Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could I be wrong?!

Hi SPJ,

The force may not exhibit the characteristics of chi as you believe them to be, but Lucas clearly modeled his idea of the force on chi and other phenomena.

To some, chi is a force and an energy and is transferable. I watched a special on BBC years ago that demonstrated an acupuncture man in Asia doing just that. He could spontaneously combust paper using his chi and transfer the energy during his treatments. His clients reported feeling the transfer as well!

Chi is within you and me and everything in the universe as well, just like the force. I am not saying the force is the same as chi, but the similarities cannot be ignored.

Personally I think the force would include chi, but be much more as well. Closer to the universal mind plus chi at the very least, if you recall Obi Wan and Yoda can sense through the force the loss of life on distant planets so that indicates to me a universal mind connection.

What are you thoughts?
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 05-06-2005 at 02:07 AM.

I can not speak for the movie.

Force, energy, heat etc are measureable in units.

Qi is theorized to be immense beyond measurement or infinite.

The coal has bioenergy in its store. If you burn it, the energy is released as heat.

The water at higher position has energy in its store due to longer distance from the gravity of the earth. We harness that to generate electricity via a power station near the dam.

The Sun is burning to give out energy as heat and photon. The green plants harness photon and convert it into bioenergy. Photo synthesis. The animals eat the plants to convert it into their own bioenergy. When the animals passed away, they become oil after pressure for many and many years or taken up by microorganism, the bioenergy is transferred again. The circle of life or energy.

Force= mass x acceleration. Energy is measured by how much heat will be produced when the substance is burned.

The science divides everything into matters/substances and energy. Where is Qi in this "either or "or both picture?

--

What is Qi?

Last edited by SPJ; 05-06-2005 at 07:50 AM.

Qi is theorized to be immense beyond measurement or infinite.

of course it is. When the closest thing we'll ever come to it is there in that video clip, it has to be unmeasurable, otherwise someone could prove it doesn't exist

Here's another perspective:

Jing = Structive Potential Awaiting Determination.
    Qi = Relationship between two things.
    Shen = Universal Configuring Force.

The strength of the relationship between your raw structive potential and Desired outcome is the strength of your Qi.

CSP
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

C'mon guys those flowery figure 8's weren't just for show. Every swing of a light saber is either an attack or defense. Obi Wan and Anakin's Force awareness is so strong it alows them to realize before a strike even hits that it will be defened against so they simply don't waste the enrgy to complete the attack. DUH!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    C'mon guys those flowery figure 8's weren't just for show. Every swing of a light saber is either an attack or defense. Obi Wan and Anakin's Force awareness is so strong it alows them to realize before a strike even hits that it will be defened against so they simply don't waste the enrgy to complete the attack. DUH!

because I'm a starwars geek and picked up on that flourish right away I sort of gave it some thought. In the books in the EU, there are forms of fighting the Jedi Learn. I've interpreted that to show that since Annakin is Obi Wans padawan, he's got the same knowledge that Obi Wan does. It shows them to be almost on an equal footing.

What is Qi?

Check out Post #4 in the link;

Qi is---