Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight Gainer 900: The Search for More Mass

Heavyweight Gainer 900: The Search for More Mass

I recently picked up a 10-serving container of Heavyweight Gainer 900 from Champion Nutrition...its chocolate flavor...the label reads "New Look! Same Great Product!" I was very relieved to hear the company that made it call it a great product, that cleared up any doubts I had...

basically its got 630 cal per serving and 35 g protein...it says you can take up to 3 servings a day but I'm sticking with one...I want it to last at least 10 days...I can't believe how short an amount of time this stuff lasts! I'll see how I feel/weigh at the end of 10 days then decide if I want to get more...anyway I got the chocolate flavor...

I took my first serving only a few minutes ago...it tasted pretty good....but I tried to chug it a little bit and I became very naseaus...I was very scared...I paid to much for this shtuff to puke it up...I got control of myself and took some pepto bismol and kept it down...so the first lessons I learned about weight gainer are dont chug it and dont take it too soon after eating...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

make sure if you mix it up that you give the bubbles a chance to surface and pop. i made that mistake with one of those mixers, and the stuff tasted ok, but the taste of whey coupled with about a ****load of bubbles made for some nausea. just give it a few minutes after mixing it.

also, if it still tastes like warmed-over ass, put an ice cube or three in it. the ice will cool it and make it "more refreshing," which basically means it'll make it'll numb your taste buds a bit due to the cold. it's kinda like american beer (served cold) versus many euro beers (served warm). american beers go for the "refreshing" pee-taste, while many euro beers go for the "let's just make the stuff taste good to begin with so we don't have to keep it ice cold" thing.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Something that works for me with protein powders is to get Vanilla flavor, use slightly less than the reccomended amount, but add an apple or an orange and a small container of fruit flavored non-fat yogurt (and use low-fat or non-fat milk).

DON'T drink it AFTER eating. You'll bloat the he l l outta your stomach. Apparently the best time to take a protein shake is within the first 1/2 hour after a workout. (You ARE combining this with working out hard, right? Just checking, 'cause some people actually think all they have to do is take the protein shake and they'll grow muscles ).

Good luck!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Thanks guys...I will keep you updated on how it works...and the ice cubes helped...and I took it last night after eating and yes I was very bloated...and yes I throw the iron around at least a couple of times per week...I'm on a serious bodybuilding regime...I read FLEX...which is of course crap...but I just bring it up to show you that I take my weights very seriously!
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

I read FLEX
    I take my weights very seriously
    *snicker*
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof. BEEFCAKE!!! BEEFCAKE!!!!
    - Eric Cartman
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

Mass Building

Some tips:
    If you want to put on mass you must consume more calories than you use, it's these additional calories that will add to you weight. Read that again and again!

You should take the stuff post workout and eat often and more than you'd usually eat.. think eat big get big... but if you want it to be muscle then you must train hard.
    Powders are good only for additonal protein, your body can't digest that much meat.. the rest of your calories should come from food. It has naturally occuring vitamins, minerals, fibre etc.
    Your workout is the other key to making sure it's muscle as fat is useless.
    Because powders are expensive so make sure that they are mainly protein and not useless carbs (sugars) because you can get this from eat bread, rice, potatoes, fruit and veg.

Good Luck,
    Piercing Light

How much fat is in it? I saw one weight gainer once that had like 80% of the daily recommended value of saturated fat in one serving. I was like no thanks.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I like N-Large. It's like 600 calories per serving with 56g of protein and not too much fat.

Blend the vanilla (or maybe it's called "natural") it with water and frozen strawberries and it tastes awesome. By itself it's not very good, and it doesn't taste good with Hershey's syrup.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

you should eat more not only after exercise, but before it too (like 1 hour or some whateva)
    this way it will take longer for your glycemy thing go down while your exercising and therefore you might not need OR might need less from your bodys stored energy
    mkay
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

Be carful with those high calorie wieght gainers. A lot of them contian high amounts of sugar that will convert to fat after you eat it. Eat as much real food as you can at 5 seperate sittings. If you still need more calories use a sugar free protien powder rather than a wieght gaining formula.

I'll check the nutritional facts tonight when I get home...of course I looked at some of them before I bought it but I didn't really look at how much fat there was...

You guys are right and I have been making an effort to eat more, but I realize now that work has been my biggest obstacle...with my schedule, I just can't fit in as many meals as I should...I work from 4-9 so I can't eat from about 3:30-10...now that I am done with school that will not be as much of a problem anymore I hope..but I'm still going to talk to my boss and see if I can get a dinner break...bring some sandwiches or something...

Quote Originally Posted by shuaichiao
    Be carful with those high calorie wieght gainers. A lot of them contian high amounts of sugar that will convert to fat after you eat it. Eat as much real food as you can at 5 seperate sittings. If you still need more calories use a sugar free protien powder rather than a wieght gaining formula.
    If you eat sugar after intense training it acts to prevent catabolism of the muscles. That's called anti-catabolic effect. It is also important to take in protein which provides an anabolic (muscle building) effect. Personally I have rice or noodles with my post-workout meals, but even simple sugars are said to be positive for growth. This only applies to the 4 - hour window after an intense workout.

Quote Originally Posted by fa_jing
    If you eat sugar after intense training it acts to prevent catabolism of the muscles. That's called anti-catabolic effect. It is also important to take in protein which provides an anabolic (muscle building) effect. Personally I have rice or noodles with my post-workout meals, but even simple sugars are said to be positive for growth. This only applies to the 4 - hour window after an intense workout.
    It also only applies to a reasonable amount of sugar. Many of the high calorie wieght gain formulas have many times more than what your body can burn off or make use of.

perhaps they are designed with the steroid-user in mind.