Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting to watch the slow death of the forum

Unhappy Interesting to watch the slow death of the forum

Just thinking out loud
    it's like looking at a car crash , you know you should turn away , but ,,,,,,,,,,, you just can't help but to keep watching
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Hey Ernie,

You are going to make me cry , You got any ideas on how to keep it going and make it better. Or is it a done deal?

C
    MARTIAL ARTS: It is not rocket science, if you are smart, seek out a good instructor and work hard for 10 years on basics you might just start to get good.

The best thing you can do for yourself, to get good; is find a good instructor, that had a good instructor and is willing to teach you. Then find a great place to practice, ON YOUR OWN; EVERYDAY!

What good is martial arts, for you; if you do not have loyalty?

WWW.wing-chun.nu , www.immortalpalm.com,

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD
    Hey Ernie,

You are going to make me cry , You got any ideas on how to keep it going and make it better. Or is it a done deal?

C

Don't pour on the water works

Carl get the shot gun , I got the shovel

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Get Red5Angel back training WC with Carl - that'll liven things up!
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Yeah, it's pretty much reached the point around here where posting has become pointless (for me at least). Kind of a shame.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewS
    Yeah, it's pretty much reached the point around here where posting has become pointless (for me at least). Kind of a shame.

Andrew

Should i rename this thread the KFO Obituary [ OH-B*tch-U-ready-2B-shut down]

step up to the mic and drop your final words !!!!

You guys can't seriously be getting bored with incredibly long and repetitive discussions about theoreticians, awareness, fighting grapplers, awareness, the need for sparring, awareness, jings, awareness, the Cheung/Boztepe fight and other happenings two decades ago, awareness, WC in MMA and other events ten years old, awareness, ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Andrew

IMHO,

it is a nature phenomenon of we cant live in the past.

Time for evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    You guys can't seriously be getting bored with incredibly long and repetitive discussions about theoreticians, awareness, fighting grapplers, awareness, the need for sparring, awareness, jings, awareness, the Cheung/Boztepe fight and other happenings two decades ago, awareness, WC in MMA and other events ten years old, awareness, ...
    I'm Sorry i'm not *aware* of what your talking about

Hendrik ,
    Yep bring in the guy with the black hood !

Okay Ernie, AndrewS, Carl, Anerlich...

What would you guys like to discuss on a new thread?

What haven't we covered before?

Or what was discussed before but should be revisited?

Since we already know what should be avoided....
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 05-12-2005 at 09:10 PM.

Andrew
    Bit slow aren't you!?

But more on thread... that's why I only like technical or training discussions. Everything else is accusations and presumption.

Even with the technical stuff, on the main board I've read a couple of different 'I do it this way - how do you do it?' threads which would just dissolve into a lineage argument over here...

Doesnt help that WCers are some the most humourless, pompous, up-emselves ***tards on the planet! ... Enema anyone!?

Generosity is always wise, but unwisdom prevailed. =)

Andrew

Yep! Even when one tries to start a more "technical" thread to get away from the typical posts you see here.....it quickly gets labeled "theoretical" (used as a slur) or gets shot down from an avenue one doesn't expect. It seems we have a few "regulars" each with some kind of "agenda" that gets pushed over and over. People get tired of it. Forum members go away for awhile and then come back to see the same old things being discussed. So they figure "what's the point?" and stop coming. When someone does make an effort to discuss or show something new, rather than receiving encouragement and constructive comments it is more likely that they come under attack and heavy criticism. That sure doesn't encourage people to go out on a limb and post their ideas or put up videos.

Keith
    Last edited by KPM; 05-13-2005 at 03:21 AM.

Those are the reasons my post numbers are so small. I read a thread and see it devolve into a yelling match or worse so I just stay out of it since I really don't know the folks here.

By the time I read a thread the damage is usually done so I just move onto the next thread and generally find the same thing.

So, no ideas from the people that have posted here for a long time? I remember a thread that said there are 5000+ members and less than 100 posting. But that seems to be the case on many sites. A handful that post and a herd that reads.

Take a look at all the folks,
    that come to read and never post.

Same here...I've engaged in some of the threads wherein these "ideals" are being pushed, as some of them are my own, however doing it over and over and over.........and over..........even makes me weary.

I miss the good ol' pre crash days.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."