Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting to watch the slow death of the forum

Maybe they should just start a forum for the various contingents -- a WCK role-playing forum, a WCK for health forum, a WCK for social interation forum, a WCK for spiritual development forum, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun
    Okay Ernie, AndrewS, Carl, Anerlich...

What would you guys like to discuss on a new thread?

What haven't we covered before?

Or what was discussed before but should be revisited?

Since we already know what should be avoided....
    Perhaps after you guys hang out in cleavland , a fresh breeze will blow out the lingering stink

for now use this as a vent thread
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Its slowly dying because of my delayed dim mak. All of you are doomed!!!!!!

Yeah, whatever happened to STFU and train?
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Dang, way to give others far too much power and control over you. Don't like one thread, start another. Don't like one poster, ignore him/her and dicuss with others.

Watch and complain, or do something about it.

Jeez.

(And personally, I never bought that whole load of bunk about there only being one secret non-theoretical branch of WCK passed down only through people named Andrew...)

Quote Originally Posted by reneritchie
    Dang, way to give others far too much power and control over you. Don't like one thread, start another. Don't like one poster, ignore him/her and dicuss with others.

Watch and complain, or do something about it.

Jeez.

(And personally, I never bought that whole load of bunk about there only being one secret non-theoretical branch of WCK passed down only through people named Andrew...)
    Dr Frankenstein,
    Yes Igor
    Can you bring the dead horse back to life?
    Yes Igor

Igor
    Yes Dr Frankenstein
    Why do you want me to bring back the dead horse?

So I can kick it to death again

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Hey...I got it!

Why don't we do a thread on the THEORETICAL implications of PERFORMANCE based wing chun?

We could have Terence and Knifefighter start off telling us all about the importance of fighting performance and skill, based on how much we roll with BJJ BB's and spar with boxers and other MMA fighters - and then I'll jump into it with guys like the Andrew's and Ernie....and then after that we all have to shut up while Joy, Old Jong, KJ, James and whoever else tell us what it all means...theoretically!!!

And then later Rene could write a book about it!

And after the book becomes a best seller and makes the New York Times book review - and after the documentary about the book is shown on Public Television...

we can send a hard bound copy to the Wing Chun Museum to be enshrined and put on display for generations to come.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 05-13-2005 at 09:01 AM.

There is a good thread about conditioning on the forums. Now thats something positive

[QUOTE=Ultimatewingchun

And then later Rene could write a book about it!

And after the book becomes a best seller and makes the New York Times book review - and after the documentary about the book is shown on Public Television...

we can send a hard bound copy to the Wing Chun Museum to be enshrined and put on display for generations to come. [/QUOTE]

don't forget we need to link it back to shoalin and then hendrik can write the forward awarness of snake body thus i have heard

Sounds like the Cleveland event is gonna be Shootout at the OK coral rather than a meeting of mutual respect and extending the olive branch of friendship.

Someone put some clips up
    It's time to turn it on! This is what i train for, this is where i want to be. Fear is not an option it's time to release the rage!

Some of the problem is we are all dogmatic in our thinking here about wing chun. Some people say its for fighting only, and I don't think they have been in a serious fight situation. Some might say that all your wing chun knowledge is not complete until you develope the awareness. Others say its in the history or the roots where real wing chun lies.

So what does this all mean?

Nothing really. In a way they are all good things to know and practice but at the same time they are not the end all be all results or goals of wing chun. How many people out there have developed internal power? I mean real internal power? I am not talking about chi blasts, or no touch knock outs. I am talking about using the body in relaxed ways to generate short range burst power. I will admit I have not developed great internal power yet, but I am working on it.

A guy I train with can hit you with his fist being an inch away from your body and that hit will send you straight down to the ground. You do not fly back, you do not feel pain on the surface you feel it through your body. You basically sit straight down on the ground. His energy sinks you to the ground instantly and it hurts.

I have seen some fantastic martial artists in my short time. They all have their path they traveled, and their style they studied, etc.

I think that people are too yang on this forum, saying its this way or that way, and wing chun is only for fighting, and wing chun needs to have tournaments, etc. I honestly care less of what the outside wing chun world does, I care more about what I do, and how I train. I think, IMO, you should balance things out. Perhaps look at wing chun as an art instead of just fighting. Get a deeper understanding, then once you discover that go back to fighting and see how much different you see wing chun. Try to find the awareness of the body, so you can feel your structure and you can adjust it on the fly when need be through sensitivity. Then go back to what you are used to doing and see how differently it effects your training.

just an idea, a little idea
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Some of the problem is we are all dogmatic in our thinking here about wing chun.
    I'll have you know my dog is fully manual and not...
    Alright bad pun... (is there such a thing as a good pun?)

{ Rogue thinks to self, "Hmmmm, clean this place up, a little paint and it'd make a nice TKD forum." }
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

You can almost look at this forum as a sort of archive. There is tons of information on this forum that one would be hard pressed to find using any other method. If I want to find out about whatever clan of WC, historical figures, current practitioners, master,etc.. I can on here and that is a great thing. The problem of course is people and the way we treat each other. There's allot of grouping here (theoretians, fighters, historians, etc...) and people using labels. This is where the problem lays IMO. Details and differences between us should be understood, and not taken personally, as we all have our varied opinions on things and this is the place to talk about those differences and similarities.

James

You guys have obviously missed this all important earth shattering thread.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=35813
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

I am still broken hearted that the VTM ignored my previous request:

Please pass this on to Benny, it's already in Dayton, and I'm sure he could think up some clever WCK connection to get it into the VTM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...526951008&rd=1

X-Wing Chun would have been a fricken awesome addition