Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wing Chun Forum Needs Our Help

he's trained WC before - I want to say for several years, but I can't recall. His points on training are very valid though. you're right about everyone arguing though. Here recently though it seems like it's been centered around the MMA/WC issue, usually based on something that one of us, terrence or UWC has to say.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    Wing Chun has perfect centerline and in the zone theory and practice.

It is both economical or efficient and practical.

If you have your fist or palms taking up your centerline, all the incoming fists and legs are moved out of your vital areas or outside of your shoulder line.

With 2 hands, or one is Yin to defend and the other is Yang to attack and interchangable.

Plus elbow high, mid and low, up and down.

There are many changes in space and timing. Both hands and elbows may work in sequence and combo. Talking about the 10,000 of Buddha hand and not just 3 times or San Fo Shou in the little ideas.

The many little ideas never run out of good ideas.

All the thousand changes and million transformations are all your Buddha hands.

With the Buddha in your heart or centerline, the hands will give you 10,000 forms.

Bored.

Naaah. NEVER.

I think that all this can be said of any style in principle and theory.
    And I agree it's all in the hands of the practitioner.
    Even a bad stylist can be learned from when correct principles are applied.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    he's trained WC before - I want to say for several years, but I can't recall. His points on training are very valid though. you're right about everyone arguing though. Here recently though it seems like it's been centered around the MMA/WC issue, usually based on something that one of us, terrence or UWC has to say.

He's never once said who is sifu was or for how long he trained or how far he got into the system. Infact, we convinced dale to go work out with ernie and gary lam in LA and he was suppose to, to see some good wing chun.

As for what UWC and Terrence well they have their views, and they definately let the whole forum know about them.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

he's said it before. for some reason, 4 years is sticking in my head. He did say that he chooses not to divulge his teacher's name though.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter