Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to use wing chun in real combat

ATENG Guest
    gosh, its like the WSL lineage reunion. Heheh, btw, is there a school in the San Francisco Bay area?

Abe

------------------
    Its all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then its just fun.

Buhma Guest
    a WSL school in San Fran? Not sure, but I have heard great things about Ben Der's school there. In fact, one of my Sihings went to his school when he moved up there.

Sam Guest
    James Cama Sifu's Kwoon was located in Bath Beach Boxing gym which housed many world champion boxers such as Antifermo and Kaloua as well as Olympic champion wrestlers from our Russian contingent. We constantly contended with top quality boxing, wrestling and powerlifters. Our training has always been traditional and live. We have used modern and traditional training tools but always from "within the systems concepts". Every form and break down exercises are applicable to a live, real action. We have a saying Thrice the Buddha or for every action we react with at least three counters. Fut Sao considers all forms and training exercise as close to combat. Chi sao and two man forms are used to enhance and suppliment live combat. We do fight with and without body gear.

[This message has been edited by Sam (edited 08-27-2000).]

sifu dan Guest
    have any of you guys tried putting your side stepping and footwork to practce agaist at least an amateur boxer?lets face it,wing chun hands are awesome in close,closing the gap is dangerous. i hav ad to learn the hard way,but boxers with real good TIMING,are no joke.of course i believe we have more weapons than they do,but timing is most important. same as when facing a good collegate wrestler,do you think your going to poke him in the eyse,before he slams you?your timing must be real good to avoid a takedown,and i doubt you will get the eye poke.we have to use the forms,BUT WE HAVE TO PRACTICE THEM AGAINST THE WAY POPLE FIGHT TODAY.it takes alot of getting slammed before ou can stop a good wrestler,and alot of bruises before you can out time a boxer to enter.