Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hokey pokey.

*yawn*

I'm a little past mid-lfe. No crises as yet.

Motorbikes? Nahhh. I get my kicks on the mat choking out young punks whose bravado exceeds their ability. I ain't been bil jee'd in the eye by any of 'em as yet.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

FWIW, I have never used it in the street (btw can we cut out the leet speak?), but when I first started cross training in 6 elbows I was told by the teacher I am not allowed to use finger jabs, especially the biu sao. I have a few wing chun brothers who also cross train so the teachers are well aware of common wing chun moves. This is because one of his students once went to the emergency room and ended up with a 2,000 dollar hospital bill because of a finger jab to the eye.

Yes, it can work, do I rely on it? No, I train it, and I do internal conditioning to help my hands in general but have no personally biu sao'd someone in the eye or across their throat. So, IME, I am not sure if it would be a fight stopper if I used it.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Maybe if you could nail them in both eyes with a double biu sao! That Pokey aint Hokey.

gee i been poked in the eye by that technique and it hurt the human body reflexs to close the eyes but if done quickly with speed and acc its pretty good it may not bring down a opp like the non pain feeling meathead you talk about but it should make em pause a little to gain a advantage on them when you train you train not to stop all energy goes forward meaning if the guy pauses you proceed attack or ran the hell out of there i do agree pep do not train this tool to its full effect simaler to a ear clap the simplest things in life are often the best defend and get the hell out unless the guys smakn youre mum or somthing its youre own choice then.

...and breathe!