Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Style to chose? Leung Ting any good?

Here goes someone in my family in NYC.

http://www.sifugrados.com/index.shtml

He is of Augustine Fong lineage (Ho Kam Ming), and GM Fong is my sibok. I have personally touched hands with GM Fong at a seminar last year. He is definately skilled and I got a chance to work out with a lot of his intermediate and senior students down in Tucson, AZ. They were all nice people and all had some skills.

Now, for Sifu Grados, never met him personally, but I met his sifu, and have nothing but good things to say about him.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Honestly, the men here who you offended should exercise more mental control and ignore your comments.
    I'm from TWC lineage. The troll attempts of idiots I regard as entertainment, not offense. I responded because I enjoy battles of wits with the unarmed.

You're entitled to your opinions, but save your lectures, OK? You haven't exactly been a model poster on occasion in the past.
    Last edited by anerlich; 05-16-2005 at 03:56 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Anerlich,

You do not know the complete story about me or my character. Here is the truth, it is true that I was not sincere and mature writer on this forum in the past because I had many negative emotional feelings against Victor based on what he said and done to me as a student which I will not write about. I was wrong for that and I was reminded by own moral principle to stop because it was useless, classless, and immature. Once I realized this, I dropped the habit and did not keep on attacking and being disrespectful. I didnt look to do battle with Victor or his TWC friends here. All in all, I have kept my word to Sifu Allan Lee to not waste my time here too much and to grow up. I think have matured and see things bit clearer. I have also kept my word to Victor in private that I will not attack him and I will leave him alone. I think I have honored that so far. It is funny, dude, but you do not know the whole story between me or Victor but yet you will side with your kin (TWC) regardless like a good student of TWC in my opinion. It doesnt matter now and I do not have anything else to say about this. Currently, I have moved away from Wing Chun and could care less who is wrong or right in WC. I am doing my own thing and I am happy. Here is the proof of this: I am not addicted to this forum and I do not stress much premium on this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 05-17-2005 at 04:12 AM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Let me try to mediate this a bit, if I may...

Yes, it's true that Bao and I have come to an understanding privately about not badmouthing each other, and we've pretty much kept to that.

But this guy who posts under the name Samson is also a story that YOU may not know about, Bao.

He's a real troll clown who tries to talk 5hit all the time about wing chun in general, and about some people and lineages in particular (ie.-William Cheung/TWC).

Furthermore, some of us know who he really is...but he lies about it.

He's a disgruntled ex-student of another TWC instructor located in Detroit.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 05-17-2005 at 09:47 AM.

Victor,

Thanks for stepping in. I understand your point of view and Sam or whoever this person may be is not worth the time and energy in trying to prove him wrong. It wont change him nor will it convince anyone here that the past is dead. It is clear that people still hold negative charged images and feelings about past. Let it go. I have nothing against Sam or those like him. I can also relate to his point of view and feelings as well. I think we all have bad experiences with martial arts teachers or our own fathers. Granted, some of us dont go out of our way to attack our own fathers, instructors, or traditions but in my opinion if you mistreat a student or dont amend/prevent one bad apple, then you truly lost the moral of the physical gung fu culture and have forsaken the future vision of your art. Moreover, if we all sincerely want to transcend the political mess between families, then let us ignore these low conscious people's comments and focus on those who are doing productive things in the name of WC. Honestly, I totally agreed with you Victor that WC needs get back to its originally roots which is "application" and stay on course of this path. Forget the Samsons in the forums.

Bao

It is funny, dude, but you do not know the whole story between me or Victor but yet you will side with your kin (TWC) regardless like a good student of TWC in my opinion.
    I wasn't siding with Victor, I took issue with your moralising about my and other people's behaviour on the forum, a role for which you are underqualified.

You do not know the complete story about me or my character.
    I didn't give a toss, your life story just isn't that interesting.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

anerlich,

I took in your comments and thanks for your two cents. Best to you and your loved ones.

Bao

Hey Foofighter don't confuse Sam with Samson, I have respect for everyone who respects me, my Sifu, and lineage. Marco you can check out James Cama Sifu who is located at 555 5th Ave. Brooklyn NY 718 692-2281. Mon. & Wed. 8:00 to 10:00
    http://www.futsaoyongchunkuen.com/
    Last edited by Sam; 05-23-2005 at 03:11 PM.

Thumbs up

Miguel Hernandez Brooklyn, NY is the best and he is close. Please contact Moy Yat HQ and they can give you his contact info. If you don't get it come back to me. Please if you want to understand VingTsun from the ground up and use it successfully please please contact this man. You are very fortunate to have moved to Brooklyn HE IS THE MAN!