Thread: the e-zine

the e-zine

is it me or has their been a lack of updates for new articles?
    no one coming through with articles gene? this sucks, guess ill have to go into the archives and read my ar.... i mean others articles more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

spoiled, you are...

We've maintained bi-weekly updates of at least one new e-zine article for several years now. In fact, I hope to have something coming up for this week. What happened was that we recently had more articles than usual because a. there were a lot of martial arts movies that just came out so our media columnist, Dr. Craig Reid, got really busy and b. I had my Shaolin Trips Episode 4 run for 7 chapters (or in e-zine terms, 14 weeks). So that essentially gave us three articles each update for a few months. But fear not, I'm lining up more, although there aren't any great martial arts movies on the immediate horizon, and it'll be a while until I can get working on any e-zine submissions of my own.

Thanks for noticing! We really appreciate your support of our e-zine!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

an idea for the ezine

hey gene,
    i made a suggestion before that may have gone unnoticed, but is there any chance that you might slowly put up some of the archival material from the SOLD OUT magazines?

incidentally, it seems that some previously labeled sold out magazines are no longer listed as such. does that mean there is a new stock available?

another batch found

Recently, Gigi (our publisher) was going through the warehouse doing some re-org, and discovered a large cache of back issues. Needless to say, the warehouse guys were chastised for being so sloppy. I swear, we'd find the ark of the covenant back there if we looked hard enough. Anyway, yes, lots of old issues that were previously listed as sold out were just hiding in our warehouse. They are now back in stock, until we run out again. I seriously doubt there are more beyond this batch. But then again, they might be under the ark...

So in a way, it's a good thing we didn't put the sold out issues online, although that is a back-burner project that I do want to do. I also want to put the cover stories up for our other now-defunct mags: Dojo, Dojang, & World of Martial Arts. There's a lot of back-burner projects, but there are also a lot of front burner pots simmering, not to mention the all-too-common fires that need to be put out. Such is work, eh?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ooooh i see issues for sale that were sold out that i wanted. i wish i could get off my butt and order them.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

your butt

The great thing about shopping at MartialArtsMart is that you don't have to get off your butt. You can just order online. In fact, it's best to be sitting on your butt when ordering. Get your Kung Fu Tai Chi Back issues here until some warehouse guy loses the boxes again.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

**** it gene. that was a metaphor for "i dont feel like ordering anything online right now off of martialartsmart, cause i know i will also buy the heaviest kwan do you have to train with! while i read the mags!!!!!"

so technigcally in the end i would have to get off my butt to get the credit card out of my wallet in my back pocket

I know I'm gonna regret posting this butt...

I'm sure you can squeeze your hand between your butt cheeks and whip out the goods, Shaolinlueb. You can do it, man. Do it now. No one is watching. And I won't tell...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    I'm sure you can squeeze your hand between your butt cheeks and whip out the goods, Shaolinlueb. You can do it, man. Do it now. No one is watching. And I won't tell...

:LMAO: hahahaha maybe soon.

Must I get off my butt to LMAO?

You know, I gotta hand it to ya, SLL. Here I'm trying to promote our Jet Li Tiger Claw Foundation fundraiser and eagerly awaiting reviews of the July Aug 2005 issue and you distract me with what begins with a totally valid thread and ends with your BUTT!!! WTF?

The forum-fu is strong in this one...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    You know, I gotta hand it to ya, SLL. Here I'm trying to promote our Jet Li Tiger Claw Foundation fundraiser and eagerly awaiting reviews of the July Aug 2005 issue and you distract me with what begins with a totally valid thread and ends with your BUTT!!! WTF?

The forum-fu is strong in this one...

**** it. and its not nice butt either. if it how was nacho ninja butt it would be soo much better.

butt switch

Yes, let's change this thread from SLL butt to NN butt - does this mean the thread must be moved to ORA?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

NN to ORA.. hmm i never go in ORA.

good work on the past e-zine articles. i was doing stupid busy work the other day and had a chance to read through a couple of the longer articles. they were good.

you never go to ORA?

ORA is where the most nachettes are...

Thanks for your kind words about our e-zine. Over 200 free access articles and counting (and that doesn't even iclude our free access cover stories!) Tell your friends
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips