Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: why is everyone bipolar now?

OT: why is everyone bipolar now?

it seems like over the past few years (since medication has become popular...) half of the people I know have suddenly been diagnosed as bipolar. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Here's the thing. Your body only absorbs like 20% of any medication you take. The rest get flushed down the toilet and winds up in your recycled drinking water. Sperm counts in Western men have dropped significantly in the last 35 years because of birth control pill residuals in the water; fish in the arctic register high concentrations of anti-depressants; etc...

So, we are all being exposed to increasing doses of psychotropic drugs, which can cause mental problems, which gets you a Rx for more drugs, which you pizz into the water supply, and so on and so forth.

Not nec. with bipolar, but with depression and antianxiety drugs...

rediculous amounts of people, and it seems half the people not on them should be...

I do know a few bipolar people.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Bipolar is the new depression, which was the new ADHD. It's like the best of both worlds!
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

That's why I'm getting into psych myself. I just think people are overmedicated and the medical world is getting lazy.

I think people in general like to have things wrong with them. It gives people an excuse.

You know there is something wrong with you when you say to yourself; "I better go get diagnosed for something, I know I have something wrong with me."

Its all in the head for most people. They say, "Oh I bet Im bipolar." they believe it, so when the diagnosis time comes, they are bipolar, because they chose to be.

Its just pinpointing a trait EVERYONE shares, and then magnifying it and then getting drugs for it. YinYang sucka's. Everyone is a little "bipolar" or by the more technical term I like, F'ed Up.

Sure some people have chemical imbalances that mess with the ol' noodle, but not even a small percent of people that are actually diagnosed with these mind problems actually have them.

I get on just fine, give me to a doctor though...BAM all of a sudden I have disabilities and drugs.

Modern society loves problems, and even more then they love problems, they love to "fix" problems.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Sevenstar, this is the stupidest topic I've ever seen on these boards. You are an idiot and I hate you.

What am I saying? You're the best! This topic is awesome! All you guys at KFM ROCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    Its all in the head for most people. They say, "Oh I bet Im bipolar." they believe it, so when the diagnosis time comes, they are bipolar, because they chose to be.

Its just pinpointing a trait EVERYONE shares, and then magnifying it and then getting drugs for it. YinYang sucka's. Everyone is a little "bipolar" or by the more technical term I like, F'ed Up.

Sure some people have chemical imbalances that mess with the ol' noodle, but not even a small percent of people that are actually diagnosed with these mind problems actually have them.

In all seriousness, I agree w/ this. I think people get a problem in their head, do a little background research on it, and then end up diagnosing themselves with it. When they go to the doctor, they already know what the general 'symptoms' of their affliction are and can fool themselves and the M.D. into thinking they actually have something.

From what I remember in my psych classes, true bipolar disorder is extremely rare (2-5% of the population).

It is similar to the whole placebo effect. Just in a different direction.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Thumbs down Bad parenting and greed

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    it seems like over the past few years (since medication has become popular...) half of the people I know have suddenly been diagnosed as bipolar. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Its just BAD PARENTING.

The last three generations have had to suffer the effects of;
    "political correctness"
    "spare the rod and spoil the child"
    "my child is a sensitive genius"
    "discipline is a barbarian concept"
    and of course, spanking your child these days will land you in jail.

BAD PARENTING is EVERYWHERE!

You have seen it time and again; at the checkout line where kids
    go ballistic and Mom tries to "reason" with her kid while the kid
    is kicking her FULL FORCE in the shins!

Lets not forget that there are BILLION$ being made on the
    diagnosis and treatment of Bipolar.

DrugCo's gotta watch the allmighty stock price....$$$$$$$.

So there you have it.

Bad parenting and DrugCo's are responsible for the epidemic
    of so-called "Bipolar" behaviour.

-Bong

Quote Originally Posted by bong

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

Corporations are evil, m'kay.

Quote Originally Posted by MK
    Sperm counts in Western men have dropped significantly in the last 35 years because of birth control pill residuals in the water
    WTF????

Anyway, I think it has a lot to do with responsibility or the lack there of. We as a whole have become a very lazy bunch. If we are depressed, instead of getting up off our fat butz and finding something to do, we take the pill. If the kids are over active give them Ritilan (of course it couldn't be that they have been sitting in front of an X-box for 15 hours and have a little energy they need to get rid of.

Another trend is what ever the drug companies come out with, there will soon follow a clinical "syndrome" taylor made to fits the actions of the drug.....didn't it used to be the other way around???

Plus it sounds cool if you admit that you have a "syndrome" or condition or whatever. Funny, 30 years ago if you did that, you went on an extended stay with the relatives....
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by bong

yeah, I think that's the biggie. There is mad money being made off of medicating people.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

you know sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach to think of all these big evil corporations getting filthy ****ing rich off of keeping people sick.

but then i wonder if i were enjoying an mtv cribs lifestyle because of it would i be in such a hurry for it to change? or would i just see myself as a very tiny part of a huge problem that i can't fix anyway so i might as well benifit from?

and then i lose all hope for the human race and hope im here to see the astroid hit.
    where's my beer?

Word... as scary as it would be, it sort of does seem cool...

Anywho, I had a feeling this would turn this direction...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread