Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ten things Women don't want to see at the gym...

I think I’m gonna be dead, I think it’s today
    Electric wires pinned to my head, I’m frying away
    I’ve got a ticket to ride the lightning
    Death is in the air, it’s bringing me down
    Strapped in the electric chair, death is all around
    Before I get to riding so high
    Someone help me, oh please God help me
    Flashing before my eyes
    Someone help me, oh please God help me
    Wakened by horrid scream burning in my brain
    Freed from this frightening dream
    I can feel the flame

BEATLLICA ROOOOOOOOCKS

I WANNA CHOKE YOUR BAAAND
    I WANNA CHOKE YOUR BAAAAAAND!!!

http://www.beatallica.org/
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

Things FatherDog doesn't like to see in the Gym

- Curling in the squat rack

- Use of the benches for anything other than benching

- MTV's Cribs

- You

- Your mom
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog
    Things FatherDog doesn't like to see in the Gym

- Curling in the squat rack

- Use of the benches for anything other than benching

- MTV's Cribs

- You

- Your mom
    Add

- People who don't put the weights away
    ________
    INTERRACIAL VID
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:09 PM.

BEATLLICA ROOOOOOOOCKS
    ??? How does one "roock"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    ??? How does one "roock"?
    thats a very good question
    i was drunk when i wrote that
    i meant to say ROHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 111111111111111

Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

Totally OT

Heck, I'm not even sure what the topic of this thread was exactly. So I'm hijacking this thread for this random news item. Part of my KFT&H subforum stimulus program.

Why Every Woman Should Add Martial Arts to Her Fitness Routine
    Martial arts can sculpt your body, sharpen your defense skills, and make you feel pretty freakin' almighty.
    By Kiera Carter | Nov 13, 2017

Photo: Shutterstock

With more martial arts disciplines than you can name, there's bound to be one that fits your speed. And you don't have to head to a dojo to get a taste: Gym chains like Crunch and Gold's Gym report that their mixed martial arts classes—UrbanKicks Ass and BodyCombat, respectively—are growing fast, and boxes like CrossFit Outbreak in New York City offer Muay Thai to complement your WODs. (These celebs are all into martial arts.) "Martial arts help you learn powerful new ways to use your body," says Dan Roberts, the head of Dan Roberts Group personal training in New York City and London, who routinely incorporates Muay Thai, kung fu, and boxing into his sessions with clients. "Plus, combat sports are a great multidirectional full-body workout." Here's why you'll want a piece of the action.

1. It's cardio that's a cut above.
    Expect to drip sweat as you're pummeling a heavy bag or flowing through fight combos—but time will fly by. "It's constant movement," Roberts says. "You just lose yourself in it." Plus, mixing it up on the mat is a low-impact way to reach high intensity. (Try this yoga Capoeira mash-up workout.)

"Martial arts use all planes of motion and numerous movement patterns, which is great for injury prevention," explains trainer Erin Gregory, a national development manager at Gold's Gym.

2. You'll sculpt strong abs and lean legs.
    You're not really chopping and punching with your arms. "A punch's power comes from the core," Gregory says. "You also need core strength to stabilize your body when you kick; otherwise you'll fall over."

Meanwhile, your legs benefit from all that kicking too: Firing up a kick takes multiple muscles, including glutes, hamstrings, calves, and various stabilizing muscles. (This heavy dumbbell workout will also fire up your leg muscles in the best way possible.)

3. There's a big mental bonus.
    "Martial arts are just as much about building character as about learning to fight," Roberts says. "They reinforce being humble, disciplined, and respectful." Those virtues translate to other areas of your life too, like fostering solid relationships. As Roberts says, "The benefits are beyond aesthetic."

Popular Martial Arts
    Karate and kung fu get much of the buzz, but there are tons of martial arts to choose from, including these. Check out Dojos.info for a local school specializing in the discipline you pick.

Muay Thai The national sport of Thailand, which uses fists, elbows, knees, and more. (Read more about this tough martial arts style.)

Jujitsu Originally from Japan, it focuses on choke holds and joint locks.

Tae Kwon Do A Korean martial art known for its emphasis on kicks.

Krav Maga Developed for the Israeli military, it focuses on highly effective self-defense skills, like using your elbows and knees against your opponent.
    I totally endorse this but would add CMA to the list of Pop Martial Arts for Women of course.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart