Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 14 Super Foods

The 14 Super Foods

This is similar to a reply I made to Ultimatewingchun's The Big Seven.
    Recently I was at my grandmothers house and found a great book in her kitchen called the 14 Super Foods. After reading a little, it didnt take long for me to realize how great it was.

I keep a list of them in my wallet so I will never forget:

Beans
    Blueberris
    Broccolli
    Oats
    Oranges
    Pumpkin
    Salmon
    Soy
    Spinach (one of my new found favorites)
    Tea-Green or Black
    Tomatoes
    Turkey
    Walnuts
    Yogurt

Spinich isnt very good cooked, but its great fresh as a salad with tomatoes and a little oil vinagar dressing.

There is no such thing as a "Superfood." There are only essential nutrients, which can be taken in from a variety of sources.

That's why an Inuit diet and a Middle Eastern diet both work fine.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Spinach can be really good cooked!

Saute some fresh spinach and 1 clove of garlic in a little olive oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie1
    Spinach can be really good cooked!

Saute some fresh spinach and 1 clove of garlic in a little olive oil.
    I'll second that! mmmmmm....

(altho' I tend to use a whole bulb of garlic instead of a clove... also, that enova oil - tho' not as flavourfull - is supposed to be an excellent substitute for all other oils in cooking)

Why turkey and not chicken? Chicken's cheaper and leaner isn't it?

What sort of beans?

These so called Super Foods just happen to contain "your" essential nutrients. Its just food, either eat it or don't. I'm not ruling out any other foods, these just happen to be the most nutritious.
    I agree they're nutritious but I still wouldn't call them 'Super Foods'. They're many other foods out there that are equally nutritious.
    ________
    GANG BANG BLACK
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:08 PM.

stubbs: turkey contains nutrients not found in chicken. The meat comes from different kinds of poultry, so they contain different properties. Some beans are better then others, but they all are generally good for you.

ewallece: I appreciate your concern, but the truth is he WAS just ripping my post. He is only afraid he has to defend his own diet. If he wants to talk about the similarities in diets then he should post it under "the similarities in diets"

Chief Fox: Next time I will speak for everyone except Chief Fox, because he has issues no one will ever be able to figure out. Good luck finding other threads that you can leave similar idiotic one liners on.

You guys should read the book if you're not sure what to post.
    Last edited by turtlekungfu; 05-18-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlekungfu
    stubbs: turkey contains nutrients not found in chicken. The meat comes from different kinds of poultry, so they contain different properties. Some beans are better then others, but they all are generally good for you.

ewallece: I appreciate your concern, but the truth is he WAS just ripping my post. He is only afraid he has to defend his own diet. If he wants to talk about the similarities in diets then he should post it under "the similarities in diets"

Chief Fox: Next time I will speak for everyone except Chief Fox, because he has issues no one will ever be able to figure out. Good luck finding other threads that you can leave similar idiotic one liners on.

You guys should read the book if you're not sure what to post.
    Sounding very trollish there turtle: I find it funny that someone with a total of 7 post feels that he can speak for "most members". Of course I could be wrong.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Beans
    Blueberris
    Broccolli
    Oats
    Oranges
    Pumpkin
    Salmon
    Soy
    Spinach (one of my new found favorites)
    Tea-Green or Black
    Tomatoes
    Turkey
    Walnuts
    Yogurt

I disagree with Oranges and Turkey as superfoods.IMO I find Kale and carrot to be far superior I do not see to many veggies listed on this list I think Garlic and Onion would be a must(Kiwi and peppers have more vitamin C then Oranges)
    .A superfood is a food that has high nutrient value in one area or multi nutrient value causing great health beneifits.I don't think there can be a complete list of superfoods there are so many foods that have great effects on the body like Renshi or special culivated Bat droppings.

I love spinach!

You should add Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers to that list

j/k
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thumbs down Twilight Zone!

Is this not the thread that yesterday had some assinine accusation by the starter that MP had 'a lot of crap coming from his mouth', followed by various other ascerbic examples of bull****, trolling and general obnoxiousness?

If so, why has it been edited to make this moron look like a semi-reasonable human being? Rather than say, just deleting his existance?

Just wondering.

^ Yes. I believe I called for a banning.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

What year was this book written. All very sound advise, but Almonds are the "super hero" of all nuts. This is in the book, "Abs Diet".

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Sounding very trollish there turtle: I find it funny that someone with a total of 7 post feels that he can speak for "most members". Of course I could be wrong.
    meh ... i like the list and all, but if one of you had to have your throats slit or something i'd pick the newbie without question.
    where's my beer?

OK, I missed it so shutting up now...

Ho Chun,

I'm glad I could be of help. Almonds are actually a very good alternative to walnuts. There are many foods that share the same properties, like broccoli and asparagus, tomatoes and strawberries.

Mat,

It’s obvious why the moderators cut out all that nonsense. It was useless and taking up too much space. They would never delete the whole thing, there is valuable information here. They obviously respect me as well; I appreciate their decision not to delete my account.

meh ... i like the list and all, but if one of you had to have your throats slit or something i'd pick the newbie without question.
    The many negative remarks made to allot of posts (other then mine) on this forum have completely turned me off to being apart of this community. It wouldn’t make much difference if they did delete my account, because I will no longer be wasting my time here. The MAJORITY of you (excluding the few positive people I have met here who obviously have more patience then me), seem to just like criticizing others for the sake of feeling better about yourselves. Instead of making useless comments about wanting to slit a member’s throat, try going outside and taking a long deep breathe of the natural world. It may help you make a better connection to other people, and to appreciate the simple things in life, like sound advice.

Lao Tzu teaches that something's usefulness comes from what we can't see. It’s
    not the forum which keeps this community alive, but friendship and understanding.

Good Luck